Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

690B Mods v3 .....

Thanks whamil77 for the mod, I seem to have one problem after doing the mod. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your mod, but rather something I might have done. In any event I can't toggle the landing lights switches or the retract switch (they worked before mod). I hear them click and move slightly, but lights won't come on. I can use ctrl-L and have them come on. If anyone might have a suggestion much appreciated. Thanks

4 hours ago, Perry333 said:

Thanks whamil77 for the mod, I seem to have one problem after doing the mod. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your mod, but rather something I might have done. In any event I can't toggle the landing lights switches or the retract switch (they worked before mod). I hear them click and move slightly, but lights won't come on. I can use ctrl-L and have them come on. If anyone might have a suggestion much appreciated. Thanks

Using a text editor (Notepad, for example) open the file "Gauge_UPDATE_DIG_2.xml"

Scroll down unitl you see this...

<!-- For default VC landing light operation -->

<!-- (L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 0 ==
(L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number)  0 == and if{
    (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 != if{ 1 (&gt;K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) } } els{
    (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 == if{ 1 (&gt;K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) } } -->

<!-- For assigning landing lights to FSUIPC landing lights switch -->    

(A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 != if{ 1 (>L:ASD_690B_EXTEND) 1 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 1 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number) (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_ON) }
(A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:ASD_690B_EXTEND) 0 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 0 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number) (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) }

Change it to look like this....

(L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 0 ==
    (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 == if{ 1 (&gt;K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) } }

<!-- (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 != if{ 1 (>L:ASD_690B_EXTEND) 1 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 1 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number) (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_ON) }
(A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:ASD_690B_EXTEND) 0 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 0 (>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number) (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) } -->

Save the file.  That's it.

21 hours ago, Perry333 said:

is there away to have joystick button or different key board button for the GTN 750 pop up?

The GTN750 popup is "Shift+8".  Using FSUIPC simply assign a keystroke or a button/switch to "Shift+8".  

Hey Bill,

I have PM'd you here to ask for your mod having just purchased the 690B (for P3Dv4).

Thanks and regards,

expat

Now have the v5 mods - thanks Bill!  Just starting to check through it but immediately notice the different AP will not power up - at least using the pop up gauge. Using P3Dv4.3.  Anyone else find this?

I messaged Whamil77 but I'll post it here as well - if its possible that he or someone else who has it send me the 690B mods? I'm no programmer so I hope they're not too difficult to install but from the rave reviews, sounds like it would be nice to have. Thanks so much!

Does the mod support using the rxp gns530? I use the v2 of that in p3d as I love it and would like to get this mod if it supports using that unit. 

Asking for a bit of help on landing lights. I have gone through the above procedure for landing lights. When I first place the MOD on the "L" on keyboard operated the landing light. I had to reinstall 690 and when I did the "L" didn't work.  I use FSUIPC so reset FSUIPC settings and still didn't work.  I made corrections to Gauge_UPDATE_DIG_2.xml per above post but still doesn't work.  Here is my new Gauge_UPDATE_DIG_2.xml :

(L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 0 ==
    (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 == if{ 1 (&gt;K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) } }

<!-- (A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 != if{ 1 (>L:ASD_690B_EXTEND) 1
(>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 1
(>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number) (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_ON) }
(A:LIGHT LANDING,bool) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:ASD_690B_EXTEND) 0
(>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_RIGHT,number) 0
(>L:ASD_690B_SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT_LEFT,number) (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) } -->

Any suggestions on this would help. Tried to follow instruction.

Thank

Dick

Broooooo!! Im on IT !!!!!!!!!!! Your best MOD for a simple Carenado Model,

Redgars

Robert Bernard

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I am working on a major update to the mod and it will support RXP gauges.