Sign in to follow this  
Jocko Flocko

Absolutely disgraceful performance

I picked up this aircraft last night just to check out it's "Synthetic Vision" capabilities in P3D 3.4, I am far from impressed. I haven't installed P3D v4 yet as I'm in the process of getting rid of older mechanical drives in favor of all SSD's, however, my system is more than capable of maintaining 40fps in the PMDG 777 while approaching FSDT's KORD with scenery settings pretty much maxed out. Does anyone know what could be causing the worst performance I've ever seen in any FSX/P3D aircraft? Is the coding that bad on this product? 

I played with the settings in the config tool and it helped slightly, but at the same time only by 1 to 3 FPS. I purchased this aircraft over at PC Aviator, is anyone here aware whether or not in any way I could get a refund or in the very least some kind of credit? I own every Alabeo and Carenado aircraft that uses analogue gauges, I have always stayed FAR away from their glass panels in the past because I knew the performance and coding is quite poor, but to average 15 to 20 FPS flying around PAVD with an i7 7700K running at 5.2ghz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3, 32GB DDR4 3400Mhz Mem on a Samsung Evo Pro SSD is absolutely horrendous. :(

Andrew Walker

Ouch.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was afeared the syn vision might be a huge performance problem, as the other glass cockpit by most producers are pretty feeble. I'm still waiting to get the F1 King Air to work; hoping the V4 version is better.

AFAIK, there's no refunds, but you could try.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Odd indeed, I have NOT used SVS in P3D V3.x, only P3D V4 and I didn't notice any FPS hit at all in V4.  Your hardware is certainly up to the task ... but as far as I understand it the refresh rate for SVS is at 20 Hz but that it's own update rate and shouldn't impact your overall FPS ... I'm not sure what happens overall FPS wise if the terrain data doesn't stream in fast enough to sustain 20Hz (I'm guessing you just don't see terrain data)?

I do know that gauges in V4 are threaded out which helps reduce main core CPU loads but have no idea how SVS is coded/operating other than it seems to work well in V4.

Don't have many suggestions:

1.  How's your ISP bandwidth and latency?

2.  Latest GPU drivers?

3.  GPU utiliztion and CPU utilization?

4.  Multi-monitor?

Cheers, Rob.

One of the reasons I picked it up was because of how smoothly you had it running in your video's Rob, even in 4K, lol! I use a single monitor for the sim, just a standard 23" 1080p display. I have a couple other monitors that I use to put un-docked gauges on like the Flight1 GTN 750 and panels for the Majestic Q400 Pro, but I don't span across multiple monitors in 3D. I'm using the latest drivers and that's the sad thing, even when set at unlimited frame-rate my card is only being utilized at 40% of what it normally runs at in X-Plane.

I'll give it a shot in P3D v4 when I get it installed, I have several 1TB SSD's that I need to install and quite a bit of backing up to do off of old mechanical HDD's before I get around to it. I'd love to hear from anyone running P3D 3.4 just as a comparison. I'm surprised there's no refund option from Carenado as they can simply revoke serial numbers via their online installation system. Ah well, guess I'll see. :/

Andrew Walker

No brainer there, with those specs in 1080p and having no problems with others as to be the plane, just a long shot here, try uninstalling and installing again(the plane) i had one similar problem once with a A2A plane, that for some weird reason had a lot of problems in my first installation, after reinstalling it the problems went away.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Sorry I can’t be more help, but your hardware is definitely more than enough to get good FPS in V3 or V4.

The only other suggestion I’d have is to disable everything in your pairs of DLL.XML and EXE.XML ... except what you need for SVS.  Just to eliminate possibility of add-on conflicts.

also check you don’t have duplicate Carenado entries in your 2 sets of DLL.XML and EXE.XML  ... going off memory Cmetar and Navigraph (or something like that).

Cheers Rob

40 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

also check you don’t have duplicate Carenado entries in your 2 sets of DLL.XML and EXE.XML  ... going off memory Cmetar and Navigraph (or something like that).

Going off memory too, but also the entry corresponding to WebSimBrowser I think that has to do with SVS too, and it's possible that's duplicated too (in the dll.xml pairs).

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yeah, I do have duplicate entries...

I have duplicate entries in DLL.XML *NOT* in the same file but in different windows file directories. In "AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" there's the same entries as in the DLL.XML file in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" Which is the proper directory that Lockheed Martin reads from? Do the entries need to be in both DLL.XML files in both directories?

Andrew Walker

8 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Yeah, I do have duplicate entries...

I have duplicate entries in DLL.XML *NOT* in the same file but in different windows file directories. In "AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" there's the same entries as in the DLL.XML file in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" Which is the proper directory that Lockheed Martin reads from? Do the entries need to be in both DLL.XML files in both directories?

P3D normally merges the two respective DLL.XML and EXE.XML files when loading, but as far as I know, it's better don't having duplicate entries, because it could cause conflicts. It is suggested to delete the entries that are duplicated in both DLL and EXE files, respectively in the two different directories you mention, apart from being just not necessary (I mean the duplication).

If you want to be safe, do a backup copy of both DLL and EXE in both directories, then delete the duplicated entries, start P3D, test it, and if you don't have any issues, delete your backups.

Hope is clear.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Andrew,

Pages 62-69 in my P3D guide here on AVSIM covers the multiple versions of DLL.XML and EXE.XML ... both sets can be used, but it's best to make sure you don't have duplicate entries (entry in one or the other but NOT both).  Each Carenado product/aircraft is fairly inconsistent with where they decide to add the entries they need.  If you're like me and have just about all Carenado aircraft then you'll most likely have duplicate entries in each DLL.XML and/or EXE.XML location.  After each Carenado install, the first thing I do is check all my DLL.XML and EXE.XML files and remove any duplicates they create ... lets hope someday in the distant future Carenado will resolve this issue and pick just one.

It's good to get familiar with your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files (both sets) as 3rd party add-ons uses these files and sometimes abuse them ... for example FlightRecorder is another entry created by a well known add-on vendor and this entry positively doesn't work in P3D V4 as it's a 32bit DLL (will also be flagged in ContentErrors.log if enabled).  My rule of thumb is to always check my DLL.XML, EXE.XML, and Add-on.cfg files after any 3rd party product install.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for all the help Rob, it's greatly appreciated, especially the guide you put together as it's extremely informative. When I get home from work I'll be doing my fresh vanilla install of P3D v4.1 tonight as all my new drives are now in their respective bays. It's quite nice to now be able to afford 1TB SSD drives as they have really come down in price compared to 2011 when I purchased my first one. It's incredible just how much space P3D takes up on a drive after you've installed OrbX's entire catalogue and a vast collection of AAA payware aircraft.

Btw, love your video's on YouTube. Watching them in 4K on my new Samsung QLED 65" curved screen is quite impressive.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew Walker

Hi Andrew,

If you use PR scenery, that will tend to take up the most space ... I typically avoid PR as to be blunt, it just doesn't look that good in P3D especially when compared to XP11 OrthoXP.  But in P3D's defense, the scenery developers "could" do higher LODs on their PR to improve the quality at the cost of even more disk space.

On a side note, I have a 10TB Seagate IronWolf and to my surprise it performs very well at just a tad over 200MB/s sustain.

I'm in the middle of "version 3" of my uSimPit ... was also just testing out my new Samsung UHD 4K curved 65" in 10bit mode at various refresh rates 30Hz/60Hz and very pleased with what I see so far, no lag at 30Hz and brilliant color depth.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Rob.