Sign in to follow this  
jgesell

can't get prepar3dv4 to load scenery,content file's

Hi I'm New to AVSIM. I having trouble getting the install_scenery. msi file  & the install_content.msi files to load in prepar3dv4. When opening Prepar3dv4 it reads, content & scenery not installed.

When trying to install from the download file I get the message,

Source file not found.

c:\users\jim\appdata\local\temp\7zooa446637\scene1.cab  What am I not doing right. I downloaded the Prepar guide but its not helping me through this. Thanks for any help you could share.

jgesell

Well, it tells you what is wrong, no? The installer is looking for the file called scene1.cab. Did you only download only the .msi files (e.g. the installer?). If yes, you also need all the .cab files with the same title...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

adding to what AnkH said , all the files from the download Must be in the same folder as the .msi installers..

Jorge

Hello jgesell,  Welcome to the Avsim Forums 

Just adding another little bit in here as well......

For best results use a Use a Download Manager to Download Prepar3D.  A Download Manager will aid in a successful download.

For additional hints and tips with downloading Prepar3D and confirming the MD5 Checksum on the download (Integrity test)  Click here