Sign in to follow this  
hermannk1

PMDG B737 cockpit height above ground

Sitting in the cockpit of my PMDG B737, I suddenly realised that I am no higher off the ground than in my Cessna :blush:  Scraping on the tarmac...

Going to the B777 and B747 height above the ground seems fine.  I am above the rest.:cool:

Try loading the Cessna at a gate and take a screen shot of the view outside for reference. Then load the NGX. The height difference relative to the gate should be clear.

ki9cAAb.jpg

kevinh.  The height is not a problem from outside, but while sitting in the cockpit.  From inside the cockpit, the pilot is almost level with the runway.

7 minutes ago, hermannk1 said:

kevinh.  The height is not a problem from outside, but while sitting in the cockpit.  From inside the cockpit, the pilot is almost level with the runway.

2D or VC?

Camera programs, such as EZDOK or ChasePlane?

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

LOL you are always level with the horizon.... until you get above 80,000 according to what I've read.  The perspective from within the VC Cockpit is accurate, but you are still looking at a 2D flat panel and you eye doesn't get the same visual clues as to distance no matter how accurately it is rendered.  There is a definite difference for me when I sit in the NGX verses when I sit in the BE58 Baron.

Dan Downs KCRP

It is accurate. You can vouch for that from my signature below....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

20 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

I was talking about comparing the view from the inside. I thought that should have been clear as that was the problem you reported. 

ki9cAAb.jpg