Sign in to follow this  
gc vcchm d

[REQ] GTN750 + Carenado C210

Hi all,

I would love to have VC integration of the RXP GTN750 in the cockpit of the Carenado C210 for X-Plane. There seems ample space to remove the 2x default GNS530's and replace with 1x GTn750.

Has anyone already done this and can share?

Is anyone willing to do this?

Or, is anyone willing to show me how to at least do it myself?

Thanks

Gav

• Upvote 1

Hi Gav,

Unfortunately, modifying a panel by replacing/removing some instruments is an unpredictable adventure. At least, with the tools I've been using, I have to import the cockpit object and sometimes it just gets corrupted and the objects properties are messed up.

The current cockpit object implementation used by Laminar Research mostly makes it a clickspot reference and instruments rendering surfaces - so it's an invisible low-poly 3D model that "captures" your mouse clicks and translates them into commands or datarefs manipulations (also useful for VR implementation), and displays the instruments dynamic textures.

Depending on third-party developers that same object can be used to also model the visible instruments in the cockpit as well as using them for the click spots.

If you want to edit a cockpit, and add a GTN 3D model, it would require a GTN 3D model, then editing both the .acf and the cockpit object using the Plane Maker and a compatible 3D editing software.
And as mentioned, depending on the aircraft, it can be somewhat easy (the default C172 is in that category) to near impossible (due to 3D objects importation errors). Working without the source files can be very problematic.
At least that's from my limited experience so far. There might be other, more efficient solutions I'm not aware of.

As far as I can tell the Carenado aircraft seem well optimized and close to the standards used by Laminar Research - hopefully they should be rather easy to modify.
(I don't own the C210 and I'd prefer not trying to modify a non-XP11.10 compatible aircraft)

We definitely need more support for the Reality XP instruments. And fortunately, it seems to progressively go that way, with more aircraft natively compatible.

• Upvote 2