Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Up to 70 percent off Carenado stuff at Just Flight

As per the title, some (not all) Carenado stuff is 70 percent off at Just Flight for the next ten days (about one hundred Carenado titles in total for FSX, P3D and FSX are discounted). So, if you want something cheap, and like that Reward System they have which saves you an additional few quid, it's worth a look.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I already own the C208B HD series and actually prefer steam gauges, but I've been tempted to pick up the EX HD series.

Other than the glass cockpit does it justify the purchase?

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I was thinking of purchasing the 525A but was wondering if the mod squad fixes are still available. I looked for links here in the library but could not find any. Anyone know if they are still available|?

Mario Di Lauro

I'm looking at the C550 Citation II...but I'm nervous.  What doesn't work?  I have the GTN750 so that's good.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm on the same boat as Gregg, considering both the 550 and the C90GTX... but nervous about paying that much for half-baked aircraft. I own the F1 GTNs for P3Dv4, so I reckon integrating the GTN is not only possible but probably the only way of truly enjoying these aircraft, correct?.

Thanks!

Enrique Vaamonde

Hi Folks,

Ditto guys...

The S550 and as much as Bert favors the C90GTX (the man knows his planes) - pretty hard to pass up...

So with the GTN in the S550 - is the FMC removed and the GTN is the primary nav source ?

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

I was thinking of purchasing the 525A but was wondering if the mod squad fixes are still available. I looked for links here in the library but could not find any. Anyone know if they are still available|?

Hi Mario,

I'd suggest the S550 vs the 525A as it comes with native GTN support...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

12 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I'm on the same boat as Gregg, considering both the 550 and the C90GTX... but nervous about paying that much for half-baked aircraft. I own the F1 GTNs for P3Dv4, so I reckon integrating the GTN is not only possible but probably the only way of truly enjoying these aircraft, correct?.

Thanks!

Hi Enrique,

For me - third party navigation products are essential...

I just posted this in response to a similar question:

I think you would want the S550 as that's the only one with a full 3D model of the F1 GTN for navigation... I'll hit you with my standard disclaimer - Carenado's navigation equipment (Glass Panels, GPS, FMC) is incapable of performing even the most basic navigation functions such as a "Direct To" which is probably one of the most widely used real world ATC instructions issued... So - even if you pay extra for one of their fancy FMC's including Navigraph updates - this restriction still applies... Now the "mod squad" has worked hard to improve these glass panels by inserting the F1 GTN into a portion of the glass panel as a kludge to allow for real world navigation - they do excellent work given the restrictions they are shackled with - but most recently Carenado chose to add the stand alone GTN themselves which buys your the full 3D GTN model in the VC... Since the S550 is not a glass panel - this implementation is the one I prefer... Your mileage may vary... 

If you just fly canned routes from A to B without deviation - the aforementioned issues shouldn't affect you - if you fly with improved ATC - then the issue will affect you - all depends on how you fly...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

36 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Ditto guys...

The S550 and as much as Bert favors the C90GTX (the man knows his planes) - pretty hard to pass up...

So with the GTN in the S550 - is the FMC removed and the GTN is the primary nav source ?

Hi Mario,

I'd suggest the S550 vs the 525A as it comes with native GTN support...

Regards,
Scott

Scott - you're making excellent points for me to go for the 550, and thanks for that.

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

9 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Enrique,

For me - third party navigation products are essential...

I just posted this in response to a similar question:

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott! thanks so much for the info. The S550 looks like a safe bet, looking forward to having it on my hangar.

Thanks again!

cheers

• Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

I picked up the GTx today and got it modded with Bert's GTN fix. 

Bottom line: I never had to mess with the ProLine 21 stuff because of Bert's stuff, but I will say, I am IMPRESSED with how low-impact this plane is on my modest system. 

I'm enjoying it very much at the moment, but I would DEFINITELY recommend picking it up at JustFlight. I bought from another store today and overpaid by $10. JF has the cheapest price on the GTx at the moment. (Yes, the Carenado sale is a bit different between online retailers; weird, right?)

:-)

• Upvote 1

Aww word not allowed! I just bought the Cessna 337 from flightsim store because when I checked Just Flight yesterday or was it the day before? It was still full price. D'OH

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

To clarify above - JF was still showing full price at the time I bought the Cessna from flightsim store. When converting their sale price from Aus $ to UK£ it worked out at about £13. 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)