Sign in to follow this  
dimkzr

Carenado C208B (NOT EX) and GTN 750

Hi Folks,

Very similar question - but since the 3D Model is for the GNS430 - and they don't have the bat file model switch on this old bird - anyone have the new RXP GNS430 working in the panel ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

42 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Very similar question - but since the 3D Model is for the GNS430 - and they don't have the bat file model switch on this old bird - anyone have the new RXP GNS430 working in the panel ?

Regards,
Scott

Yes. And all I did was edit in the name change from the legacy RXP GNS430 to the RXP GNS430v2. Did that in my [window##] and in the [vcockpit##]. Pretty simple.  I also have and use an .xml file that switches the 208 model's 3D knobs off by default.

Legacy looks like "rxpGNS!GNS430" while the v2 looks like this "rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1".   The Carenado "GCCB!Toggle_GPS" switch works just fine to control a 2D pop up just as it did with both the default Carenado GNS and the legacy RXP GNS.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

29 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Yes. And all I did was edit in the name change from the legacy RXP GNS430 to the RXP GNS430v2. Did that in my [window##] and in the [vcockpit##]. Pretty simple.  I also have and use an .xml file that switches the 208 model's 3D knobs off by default.

Legacy looks like "rxpGNS!GNS430" while the v2 looks like this "rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1".   The Carenado "GCCB!Toggle_GPS" switch works just fine to control a 2D pop up just as it did with both the default Carenado GNS and the legacy RXP GNS.

Edit: Ah, sorry, misread Scott's reply :-)

2 hours ago, dimkzr said:

Did anyone managed to install RXP GTN 750 into Carenado Grand Caravan C208B (with regular cockpit, not "EX" model)?

I have not tried to place a GTN into the panel of this model.  The RXP GNS 430 and 430v2 fit in because they take the space and dimensions of the default Carenado GNS430.  A related effort is that I tried and tried to find a solution to replace the Carenado weather (radar) gauge with the RXP WX500 gauge and failed miserably.  Frustrating because it was relatively easy to put the WX500 into the closely related Super Cargomaster, which is available as an expansion pack to the C208 Caravan.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

i just installed the GTN 650 in it. Actually looks good. Specially disabling the VC knobs. Can't tell it ever had a 430. 650's a nice edition.

1ou0G0r.jpg

12 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

i just installed the GTN 650 in it. Actually looks good. Specially disabling the VC knobs. Can't tell it ever had a 430. 650's a nice edition.

Looks great! What method did you use?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Poke and hope. :) Actually I used the Real Duke Turbine from F1 panel site as a reference to install. I can share my Panel.cfg if you like?

Hi Folks,

Hmm - cool - for the couple bucks it costs - might be worth picking up... If I recall correctly Bill Womack had an absolutely stunning paint for Mokulele Airlines... Aloha !!!

Do I need to find Bernt's FDE mods or are they included ?

N856MA-1.jpg?resize=600,300

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

41 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I didn't know one could remove the knobs with this aircraft, this makes integration of the Reality XP GTN 650 Touch in the VC something much easier and pleasing for the eyes.

NB: the screenshot doesn't look like a genuine Realty XP GTN though, you can tell with the distracting color bands shown on the screen left side.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

If I recall correctly Bill Womack had an absolutely stunning paint for Mokulele Airlines... Aloha !!!

My aircraft and livery of choice when island hopping when in Hawaii.:smile: Aloha!

9 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Poke and hope. :) Actually I used the Real Duke Turbine from F1 panel site as a reference to install. I can share my Panel.cfg if you like?

Can you share panel.cfg? thanks

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

How is the C208B?  I'd love to have one if it was a good rendition.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM