Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonYosten

UPS Majestic Dash-8 Repaint

Dear to whom it may concern,

At UPS Virtual we have a fictional feeder fleet which consists of the Dash 8. If anyone would be so kind to taking a look at a repaint for it I would really appreciate it! Obviously it is fictional so if you don't care for that then there's the warning.

If you have any questions please ask,

Clay

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, ClaytonYosten said:

Dear to whom it may concern,

At UPS Virtual we have a fictional feeder fleet which consists of the Dash 8. If anyone would be so kind to taking a look at a repaint for it I would really appreciate it! Obviously it is fictional so if you don't care for that then there's the warning.

If you have any questions please ask,

Clay

Hey Clay.....

I've retired from painting but recently acquired the Dash and frankly loving to fly her.

I've painted the 747 for your VA in the past and I'll see about painting the Dash in UPS colors as I'll probably fly her as a freighter as well.

Check out my UPS 747 repaints by clicking the link in my sig.  No promises but I'll look at the paintkit and see how she is to paint.

P.S.  You can thank thibodba57 (Brian) for alerting me to this post...I really don't check here any longer.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Steve,

Thanks for responding to this post! Also thank you thibodba57 for alerting him. If it's too much for you then I understand. Do whatever you need.

Clay

P.S. Those are some very nice paints you have made there in your sig. Thanks! 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Jim Harnes said:

If Steve paints for you, expect the absolute best.

Jim

I will indeed.

spacer.png

Steve is the man. I have all his UPS repaints.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Thanks for the praise guys....looking back on my 15 years of paints....I've painted UPS on the 727, 767. 777, 747 (both the F and BCF), A300, and now.....

l6mEzw.jpg

Still a ton of work to do (this was the easy part of the painting).

I'm still learning the paintkit, and just pulled the special -F MDL file Majestic kindly gave us, get it here: 

F model MDL file download from Majestic

Instructions on how to set it up in flightsim here:

Look for the May 13 reply from Samdim for the instructions

I still haven't tried it yet, so still that to do for me.

And getting the brown/yellow wrapped properly on the top and bottom of the fuse is a major project (as it is on all models).  I'm predicting (based on previous struggles), it'll take dozens of times longer to do that slapping the paint on the sides.  The paint you see there is resized and warped textures from previous paints...trust me when you do this long enough, you re-use this stuff, hehe.

I'll keep you posted with any updates.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks for the praise guys....looking back on my 15 years of paints....I've painted UPS on the 727, 767. 777, 747 (both the F and BCF), A300, and now.....

l6mEzw.jpg

Still a ton of work to do (this was the easy part of the painting).

I'm still learning the paintkit, and just pulled the special -F MDL file Majestic kindly gave us, get it here: 

F model MDL file download from Majestic

Instructions on how to set it up in flightsim here:

Look for the May 13 reply from Samdim for the instructions

I still haven't tried it yet, so still that to do for me.

And getting the brown/yellow wrapped properly on the top and bottom of the fuse is a major project (as it is on all models).  I'm predicting (based on previous struggles), it'll take dozens of times longer to do that slapping the paint on the sides.  The paint you see there is resized and warped textures from previous paints...trust me when you do this long enough, you re-use this stuff, hehe.

I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Very nice Steve!

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just a quick in-sim shot before I call it a night.

Setting up the F model in the folders was a snap, just did exactly what Samdim suggested.

Still a bunch of work to do but she looks nice in these colors.

SVFqWG.jpg

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Beautiful work as usual, Steve! 

Enrique Vaamonde

Just a heads up, UPS is doing away with the Synchronizing the world of commerce motto on all there planes.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Just a heads up, UPS is doing away with the Synchronizing the world of commerce motto on all there planes.

Thanks Dan...I plan on offering both versions like I did with the 747. :wink:

Thanks Brian! Will probably take your FedEx 747 Panda on a flight this weekend.  If only I could launch her from my dormant AS Anchorage p3d 3.4 scenery.:sad:  Wish they'd update your home base and one of the most important freight hubs in the world.

@ evaamo ...Thanks Enrique!

Clay, let me know what registration number(s) you'd like to see on them please.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Dan...I plan on offering both versions like I did with the 747. :wink:

@ evaamo ...Thanks Enrique!

Clay, let me know what registration number(s) you'd like to see on them please.

Hi Steve,

LOL - just when you thought you were out - they drag you right back in...

Too funny - nice work though...

:tongue:

Note to self: Need to make time to learn how to fly this thing...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 minute ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Steve,

LOL - just when you thought you were out - they drag you right back in...

Too funny - nice work though...

:tongue:

Note to self: Need to make time to learn how to fly this thing...

Regards,

Scott

Hey Scott....it's always a case of me sitting on the edge of the slide when I see a request...wondering if I really want to pull out the brushes and do just one more paint.:blink:

Decision heavily influenced by my own desire to fly the airline of course...and if I've already painted it before.  UPS is easy when you have good material to use from previous paints. :wink:   In the old days you guys would be already beta testing the paint with only a few touchups before release, but those days are long behind me.

Note to Scott: Yes!  This is a great plane and loads of fun to fly.  About to pull the trigger on a Carenado jet with the current sale.  Considering the Phenom 300...talk me out of it!:biggrin: (and tell me what light jet I need to buy instead)

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

LOL - I think the key is finding a good balance between painting and flying... You know how much work and time it takes - so for me - I have to WANT the paint myself before willing to head down the slide - only on very rare exception with extenuating circumstances - have I taken requests... Once I do a paint - I really tend to fly what I've painted for the most part... You guys who do requests without ever really intending to use it yourself are a special kind of saint... 

As for Carenado - 3rd party navigation product support is essential for me...

My thoughts on Carenado biz jets...

I've been pasting this response a great deal lately - seems a popular topic (my apologies to those who've already seen it):

I think you would want the S550 as that's the only one with a full 3D model of the F1 GTN for navigation... I'll hit you with my standard disclaimer - Carenado's navigation equipment (Glass Panels, GPS, FMC) is incapable of performing even the most basic navigation functions such as a "Direct To" which is probably one of the most widely used real world ATC instructions issued... So - even if you pay extra for one of their fancy FMC's including Navigraph updates - this restriction still applies... Now the "mod squad" has worked hard to improve these glass panels by inserting the F1 GTN into a portion of the glass panel as a kludge to allow for real world navigation - they do excellent work given the restrictions they are shackled with - but most recently Carenado chose to add the stand alone GTN themselves which buys your the full 3D GTN model in the VC... Since the S550 is not a glass panel - this implementation is the one I prefer... Your mileage may vary... 

If you just fly canned routes from A to B without deviation - the aforementioned issues shouldn't affect you - if you fly with improved ATC - then the issue will affect you - all depends on how you fly...

I plan on picking this one up myself for a straight wing jet...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7