Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonYosten

UPS Majestic Dash-8 Repaint

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Steve,

LOL - I think the key is finding a good balance between painting and flying... You know how much work and time it takes - so for me - I have to WANT the paint myself before willing to head down the slide - only on very rare exception with extenuating circumstances - have I taken requests... Once I do a paint - I really tend to fly what I've painted for the most part... You guys who do requests without ever really intending to use it yourself are a special kind of saint... 

As for Carenado - 3rd party navigation product support is essential for me...

My thoughts on Carenado biz jets...

I've been pasting this response a great deal lately - seems a popular topic (my apologies to those who've already seen it):

I plan on picking this one up myself for a straight wing jet...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks for the info Scott.

I picked up the RXP GTN 750 recently and would use it for my navigation needs.  Not sure if you're familiar with it vs the Flight1 version, but I'm hoping to integrate it with any/all GA planes I'll start flying.

The Slowtation looks nice and I even serviced one way back in the day when I was a ramp rat at a local airport, but call me vain and shallow but a "jet" should have swept wings so it at least "looks" fast, hehe.  I think the Phenom is very ascetically pleasing and could possibly be a plane I bought on looks alone...but that's a whole 'nother topic. LOL.  Functionality is the real concern and I'll do more research before my purchase (as I know you do as well so I take your recommendation very seriously...you've most likely done all the footwork I'd do when researching a plane to buy).  The integration with my nav package will be the ultimate deciding factor, just hope my version of the GTN serves that purpose.

I know we're completely off topic now, I'll continue with you on this topic Scott via PM...thanks for the advice already given! :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Here she is in the model viewer we painters use to quickly check out the paint...in the new UPS livery I might add (with the new slightly different logo). :wink:

Never mind any glitches...I still have much to do like the tail spine and the bottom of the tail....the red on the upper antenna is from the model viewer app (red light flash).

qryCsH.jpg

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Was occupied with real life, but managed to get the bottom yellow stripe aligned and the right side done.

Need to get the top done a few other touchups and I hope to let you guys try her out this weekend.

I'm going to reg the old livery N400UP and the new one N401UP if I don't get any other requests before I slap them on.

Q7BCpw.jpg

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Trying to get her close enough for you guys to fly before Christmas.

Getting the top fuse done now...still some alignment and tweaks to do.  I'll post here when I can let her go as a beta copy for you guys to inspect for me.

y07Gv2.jpg

If you haven't already....make sure you've grabbed the freighter model Majestic gave us freight enthusiasts .  I  posted the link to it...its a few posts up.  She won't look right on the passenger model with the windows. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve

Any news on this paint?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Did Steve ever finish this repaint?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Sorry guys...I don't check this forum any longer...better to PM if you're curious about a paint here at Avsim...I do check those.

Anyway.....I plan to circle back on this one.  No timeline but when I started it way back when (OMG where has the time gone?  In my 2nd retirement now LOL).

I was painting with Paintshop back then, using Photoshop now so I'll have to try and move my masters for the Dash 8 over to the new format. I'm currently painting the PMDG 737 600/700 series...have 7 uploaded in the library now,  and just got off the Aerosoft A330 series where I painted 10...I've done over 20 repaints since mid December so you can imagine I'm a little burned out.

But I do love the Dash 8....WILL fly it again some day...and will get UPS done when I do.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg