Sign in to follow this  
codysheppard2

Sudden Crashing

I have recently been having an issue where Pilot2ATC becomes unresponsive.  I had read that some people fixed this by choosing to get weather from the SIM instead of from NOAA so I tried that and it is still becoming unresponsive and shutting down.  Is there anything I can try or anything I can attach to this to help figure out why it is doing this??  I really like the product.  

Another cause of this seems to be having more than 3 or 4 different voices being used.  If you have lots of voices, try keeping the total number of voices used down to 3.

The voice issue and some other 'freeze' issues seem to be caused by the program running out of virtual memory.  The next update will address this by being a 64bit program.

Doing testing on that version now....shouldn't be too long.

Thanks,

Dave

• Upvote 2

On 12/7/2017 at 0:44 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The next update will address this by being a 64bit program.

Doing testing on that version now....shouldn't be too long.

Thanks,

Dave

YayyyyyyyyyDavvvvvvvve!

Seasons greetings to all

Chas 

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have been flying all day today (flying from France to Australia in FSE). In every single flight P2A became unresponsive and had to be closed. Did not finish any flight at all.

I have 32 gigs of RAM and only 1 voice. But hopefully the 64 bit version is better because at the moment it is simply not working.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I feel your pain as well.  I finally had a couple of successful flights over the last two days but it has been a long time.   Are you using ATC Chatter files?  Keep the faith. :biggrin: Dave is doing everything he can to identify and resolve these problems.

One benefit of this crashing, restarting pilot2atc and carrying on with the flight doesn't required much thought now. :laugh: Are you able to restart the program after a failure?  I have gone through a long run of 'p2a already running' errors and it won't restart without signing out/in.  I have noticed that my commit storage has been very high with x plane and pilot2atc. This can be checked with TaskManager, the performance tab for Memory.  Look for committed.  It was near 32GB. It shows current/maximum which is basically double your available memory. After a reboot that peak was 20GB.

I am running on windows 10 fall creators update with i7 and 16gb main memory.  Nvidia gtx1080Ti and 3 monitors for X plane and 1 for pilot2atc.

15 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

I feel your pain as well.  I finally had a couple of successful flights over the last two days but it has been a long time.   Are you using ATC Chatter files?  Keep the faith. :biggrin: Dave is doing everything he can to identify and resolve these problems.

One benefit of this crashing, restarting pilot2atc and carrying on with the flight doesn't required much thought now. :laugh: Are you able to restart the program after a failure?  I have gone through a long run of 'p2a already running' errors and it won't restart without signing out/in.  I have noticed that my commit storage has been very high with x plane and pilot2atc. This can be checked with TaskManager, the performance tab for Memory.  Look for committed.  It was near 32GB. It shows current/maximum which is basically double your available memory. After a reboot that peak was 20GB.

I am running on windows 10 fall creators update with i7 and 16gb main memory.  Nvidia gtx1080Ti and 3 monitors for X plane and 1 for pilot2atc.

I am using the X-ATC-Chatter files. I have restarted P2A a few times, but after awhile I gave up. My specific problem is that I also run the GTN-750, and getting a flight plan from P2A into the GTN-750 is difficult, if not impossible. In my experience, this simply does not work. But one thing P2A does do well is working out the autoplan. I love that. I then type that same plan into GTN-750 manually. If for nothing else, then P2A is worth the money simply as a flight planner.

I am also finding that the progress down the flight plan ladder (from waypoint to waypoint) is not consistent. But have also given up on that until this freezing problem is resolved, Not much point until then.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I did a flight tonight where I just used P2A for flight planning and as a moving map. ie did not File the flight plan. Worked perfectly. Did not crash on me once. The next waypoint indicators worked fine. Mind you, only 1 flight but it was a pretty complex one and it was the first one that has worked for days. Might be a clue?

I have been experiencing a loop which results in p2a turning grey.  I just discovered this morning that pressing the INFO button in the map area while in flight is causing this loop.

Symptom: you press INFO.  The information for an airport is displayed briefly when the rectangular box going black.  This is the point that the loop is occurring.  Don't touch anything else for just a bit and you will likely see the blue circle.  I have been letting it run like this and then using the X to close p2a.  I have been able to restart it this way but sometimes it cannot be restarted.  

Repeat flights not using this button and no crashes or loops.  I am using 15 unique voices for controllers including 12 from Ivona and the ATC Chatter enabled.

I am still experiencing one other problem but it is not a freeze.  

Dave is investigating.

14 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

Symptom: you press INFO.  The information for an airport is displayed briefly when the rectangular box going black.  This is the point that the loop is occurring.  Don't touch anything else for just a bit and you will likely see the blue circle.  I have been letting it run like this and then using the X to close p2a.  I have been able to restart it this way but sometimes it cannot be restarted. 

I am not sure about the looping bit, but can confirm that pressing the Info button is a no-no.

This problem has been now zeroed in.  The info button contents may blank out if the aircraft is moving.

If you click on an airport in the flight plan and then use the info button you may experienced that p2a becomes unresponsive and will have to be killed.

A solution is being crafted by Dave.

• Upvote 1