Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Hot corners

I like very much the Hot Corners feature. It adds simplicity to the process of changing the views. Just want to know if eventually this feature has or will have a master switch to disable it temporarily instead of going to the different viewing positions and disable each one separatedly, which is something let's say, more permanent.

Good work!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed,

Why would you want to have them disabled?

Maybe we can find a better solution than an on/off switch

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven:

Sometimes in certain panels you have a pop-up window in 2D that locates itself at the bottom or right bottom of the screen, that will interfere with that hot corner. In that case I would relocate the pop-up or I would disable the hot corners only for that specific aircraft/panel.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks for the explanation, we'll take it into consideration to find a permanent solution!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

@Keven Menard If I may make a simple suggestion for a future release?

I love the Hot Corners feature. It's a fresh new way of doing things. In fact, I have found Chaseplane (with hot corners) to be such a slick solution, that I haven't even bothered using my beloved track IR for the last few flights.

However careful I am though, I am constantly getting accidental view changes with HC enabled. Sometimes you just can't help going near the edges and hitting the trigger spots. This gets irritating quickly!

Why not simply add the option to require a single mouse click in addition to the cursor being on a hot spot? To be honest, I sometimes find myself clicking on the screen edges to change view just out of habit. It seems like a very intuitive solution which will eliminate accidental view changes.

10 hours ago, lukehall said:

Why not simply add the option to require a single mouse click in addition to the cursor being on a hot spot? To be honest, I sometimes find myself clicking on the screen edges to change view just out of habit. It seems like a very intuitive solution which will eliminate accidental view changes.

There are multiple avenues to fix that issue. Currently the least terrible solution we found would be a control assignment that you would hold for the hot corner to trigger. None of the solutions we found so far are good enough for us so we're continuing our research for the best solution.

Thanks for your feedback!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

15 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

There are multiple avenues to fix that issue. Currently the least terrible solution we found would be a control assignment that you would hold for the hot corner to trigger. None of the solutions we found so far are good enough for us so we're continuing our research for the best solution.

Thanks for your feedback!

I have a suggestion in this regard:

after touching the edges of the screen, lets move the mouse more towards the middle of the screen  before  triggering the view-change ! 

This could prevent accidental view changes...

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

2 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

after touching the edges of the screen,

We cannot use the absolute edge of the screen because a lot of users are using multiple monitors.

Right now, a padding region is used.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

18 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Right now, a padding region is used.

Ok, no need for absolute edge ; then from the padding region more mouse movement toward the middle could really prevent accidental view changes....

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png