Sign in to follow this  
Eytan_Ofir

Blurry textuers about 3-4 miles from the aircraft

11 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I'm afraid you are not alone with this issue. LM are aware of this and there are numerous threads on the P3D forum.

You solution is becoming short sighted as I am, since everything looks blurry to me, everything looks pretty normal! lol

Ok, on a serious note have you tried the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP Tweak, I would recommend to set it at 9 and then 10 and test your results.

More information about this Tweak can be found here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/516812-the-texture_size_exp-tweak/?page=2#comment-3759335 

S.

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, on a serious note have you tried the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP Tweak, I would recommend to set it at 9 and then 10 and test your results.

His cpu and gpu may not be up to this.

bob

Just now, onebob said:

His cpu and gpu may not be up to this.

bob

But Howard system is totally capable, the original OP will need to confirm that his PC is capable before using the system, that is explained on the link I attached :)

Best Regards,

Simbol

Yes, absolutely normal. Zooming into such a distance you will see blurried textures on each and every build. What do you expect? Crisp textures until the horizon? No current computer could deal with such a load...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

21 hours ago, vgbaron said:

try putting this in your prepar3d.cfg file and see if it makes a difference

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=15

Vic

I have a 6700k also and had the blurries in P3Dv4 but not in P3Dv3.

I experimented with many AM settings and found 170 is best for my rig, not the perfect fix but I am now able to fly at Mach 1 in the F35 at a 1000ft above ground without blurring textures.

However photo scenery in P3Dv4.1 is still a blurry mess and I think that’s an LM fix, no AM will ever fix the photo scenery problem.

IM