Sign in to follow this  
switch686

SDK now available

While I've been quite critical towards FSW, this is certainly a big milstone I would compliment the developers for. An SDK can open the door to a host of user and of course professional contents. Well done.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

In my Hangar to try tonight :-)

GREEEAT!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

:-(  regarding freeware developers I guess, given the amount it costs :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Well folks, it looks like we finally have an SDK for FSW:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/389280/announcements/detail/1464097650385123380

http://fswsdk.dovetailgames.com/

I'm disappointed to see only support for 3DS Max, and I'm hoping more options will come in time, but now we should finally start seeing some good content appearing.

Honest question: do FSX and P3D have 3DS max. Just wondering if it’s a step back or if it’s the status quo.

Yes, both FSX and P3D use 3DS Max, but the community stepped up and made plugins for other editors including Blender and even Sketchup.

4 minutes ago, switch686 said:

They are looking at other options for software such as Blender...

I hope so. Not everyone can afford the 3DS Max monthly tax, especially freeware developers.

16 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Well folks, it looks like we finally have an SDK for FSW:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/389280/announcements/detail/1464097650385123380

http://fswsdk.dovetailgames.com/

I'm disappointed to see only support for 3DS Max, and I'm hoping more options will come in time, but now we should finally start seeing some good content appearing.

Cryss talked about implementing blender in the future updates. I hope they do. 

Tony, how would someone annotate some autogen in the scenery with those tools? Not possible? As far as I read, they don't have visual tools to help building a scenery.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Yep, I'm reading through the SDK and the terrain stuff seen in the P3D SDK is missing. I'm sure/hope it's coming, eventually.

FSW is based on FSX and so is P3D, so it MAY be possible to use parts of P3D's SDK in FSW.  I have not tested this myself yet.  It will be interesting to see how the public SDK differs from the dev SDK I have.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The Blue Sky FS P40 is also released, and it's really excellent!   Exceptional all around - spectacular textures, ground and flight handling, and sounds.    Cold and Dark gets you right in there..... it's discounted I think for the next week, 27.99 USD.

Yes, it's a plane that needs tender loving care before you can master it, even during taxiing.

I found that, just like a real aircraft with that kind of horsepower in the front, especially a taildragger, you just don't shove the throttle forward all at once. I get the plane rolling down the runway by gradually increasing the throttle, and, as soon as the wheels leave the ground, I shove the rest forward.

well, i hope to finally see some high quality airliners in FSW, so i can start testing it