Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Drzewiecki Design Seattle and Seattle Airports X releasing tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’d imagine so, yes. DD’s KSEA will be included in a couple of months, as a paid update. Their current Seattle Airports won’t touch KSEA.

Thank you. I'm going to try out the DEMO now, but should I uninstall T2G KSEA first? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Thanks, John. Their website is quite clear on what to expect (or not expect) compared to the WIP screens. There's a .pdf that's installed with the demo that details what to expect, and I wasn't disappointed.

I noted that some sections appeared to be at full resolution and autogen density, while others lacked much autogen. This was as expected for a demo. The areas that appeared to be in full-featured detail were outstanding. The buildings appeared to be a little smaller than the usual overscale ones you see, so as they filled up an autogen area, it looked more realistic. An improvement, though modest, over the Orbx PNW, and given the caveat about lower detail, should be amazing in the retail product.. Frame rates seemed unaffected even in the higher density areas.

I do hope the retail version has a control panel. Using todays date in P3Dv4, there is apparent frozen water offshore a bit at the south end of Lake Washington and Elliot Bay in the demo. I've lived and flown around the Puget Sound for 31 years and I've never seen large bodies of water like that freeze. I know this isn't linked to ORBX, but FYI, I have frozen water surfaces turned off there.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

14 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Thank you. I'm going to try out the DEMO now, but should I uninstall T2G KSEA first? 

No need, the current version of Seattle won’t touch KSEA in any way.

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

No need, the current version of Seattle won’t touch KSEA in any way.

Thank you, Milton! 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Released! :cool:

Just as with NY: Airports = airports, City = city, DEMO = textures smaller by 90% and 90% of the content removed (anyway better than default).

The performance we and our testers are getting is surprisingly good (no idea why :gaul:).

Both packages are compatible with all ORBX products (PNW, Vector, Global, LC, anything else) and with T2G's KSEA (T2G's KSEA should be placed below in the Scenery Library as otherwise it excludes half of the downtown).

There is no difference which product is installed first - the City or the Airports (at least in theory!!).

In the Airports package each airport is optional as well as its features (like static aircraft or airport details). We do not have a config panel per se, but we utilize the installers to do all the job.

Installer_Airports_zpsvwwxxai7.png

Installer_City_zps7nqj2s0u.png

• Upvote 1

Great products that are perfect 64-bit P3Dv4!  I'm a loyal customer, and look forward to this release.  All my PMDG Boeings will enjoy their homecoming! :)

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

So for those of you who bought it today and have ORBX PNW, is it just a matter of a few clicks to disable overlapping ORBX .bgl files, or is it manual?  I won't be able to download until tonight.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

45 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

overlapping ORBX .bgl files

There should be nothing overlapping if our product is above in the scenery library (which should always be the case in P3Dv4 since our product is installed via add-on.xml).

1 hour ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Released! :cool:

Just as with NY: Airports = airports, City = city, DEMO = textures smaller by 90% and 90% of the content removed (anyway better than default).

The performance we and our testers are getting is surprisingly good (no idea why :gaul:).

Both packages are compatible with all ORBX products (PNW, Vector, Global, LC, anything else) and with T2G's KSEA (T2G's KSEA should be placed below in the Scenery Library as otherwise it excludes half of the downtown).

There is no difference which product is installed first - the City or the Airports (at least in theory!!).

In the Airports package each airport is optional as well as its features (like static aircraft or airport details). We do not have a config panel per se, but we utilize the installers to do all the job.

Installer_Airports_zpsvwwxxai7.png

Installer_City_zps7nqj2s0u.png

I just bought the full version but have the demo installed for Prepar3dv4. Should I uninstall the demo before installing the full version? Also, I have Orbx PNW, Pilots FS Global NG and T2G KSEA (Latest Version): I understand all these add-ons are compatible but should I do anything after or before installing? Kind regards, 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Hi. If the DEMO was correctly installed there is a registry entry with such information in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Drzewiecki Design\SeattleXDemo registry key. In this case the full version installer will prompt you that the DEMO should be uninstalled prior to installing the full product and will point to the exact folder that should be removed. Again - theoretically. :laugh:

I have another 15 minutes left on the full version download :cool: So, better to just uninstall the demo using the windows add/remove function? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

You can simply remove the Seattle X DEMO folder from the Addon Scenery folder, run the sim and allow it to deactivate the scenery library (or Add-ons list) entry automatically.

You can also use this time to buy another product of ours, hmm, just in case Seattle doesn't work... :blink::laugh: