Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Drzewiecki Design Seattle and Seattle Airports X releasing tomorrow!

Excellent work. The FTX PNW Seattle area - even more since T2G KSEA - has been a notorious fps killer since I can think. Prepar3d4 certainly brought an improvement, but now after I bought and installed Seattle X plus Airports it shows even better performance. I get close to 30 fps with maximum autogen settings (I know ... I shouldn't) and traffic injected by UTLive. Also visually it looks convincing and better than FTX PNW (which visually wasn't bad either but this one is still better).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Does the Seattle City have night textures?

Disregard, read that it did.  

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Excellent work. The FTX PNW Seattle area - even more since T2G KSEA - has been a notorious fps killer since I can think. Prepar3d4 certainly brought an improvement, but now after I bought and installed Seattle X plus Airports it shows even better performance. I get close to 30 fps with maximum autogen settings (I know ... I shouldn't) and traffic injected by UTLive. Also visually it looks convincing and better than FTX PNW (which visually wasn't bad either but this one is still better).

Kind regards, Michael

Just bought and installed DD Seattle City and Airports...WOW! I can't wait for KSEA, as I have to think it will improve performance even more when P3D, stock KSEA is gone. I don't have T2G KSEA, but the stock airport seems to be a resource hog. When it's not in view, I get great performance. I would argue DD has made a scenery that can be considered the gold-standard for balanced performance and detail. I wouldn't say the SeattleX airport quality is better or worse than, say, Flightbeam's or FlyTampa's airports, just different. Considering the performance, a very nice different.
I installed all the optional goodies, and after seeing the performance, I wouldn't even consider dumbing-down this scenery. Needless to say, my system spec is only about average, so most systems even close to mine should have no problems with this scenery.

A keeper for sure!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

22 hours ago, D-man said:

Only issue I have is the Ceder River along KRNT is raised as Jim noted above.

Fixed it by lowering the mesh setting to no higher than 38m. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

well Orbx recommend no less than 5 meter mesh for its airports and PNW region so with any orbx addon it could be problems lowering mesh res to that level Jim.

Well, I'm aware of that and have all of the Orbx Pacific Northwest scenery installed including KORS and KFHR and the landscape has never looked so good at 38M.  Very crisp and clear (could be my 34" monitor and i7 7700K with the GTX 1080TI creating the 'crisp and clear').  So far no anomalies.  I am keeping mine at 38M but it is only the small stream at Renton that is the issue so those who want to keep it at 5M or higher should not be disappointed with one tiny SeattleX anomaly.  I've never seen this scenery look so awesome in all the years I have owned PNW!  You should give it a try and see what happens.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I had the same elevation issue shown in your images up-thread, and tried several things to fix it, but none were satisfactory...but I found this on DD Forums:

From Stanislaw at DD:

"Ok, please try placing this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l04pgwvd3tvzh8n/CVX_KRNT_Exclude_Vector.BGL?dl=1 into Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery."

I'd post images showing the result, but I don't have any image hosting setup and am not going to bother...suffice to say that the fix solves the problem. Only remaining issue is some vegetation floating in air alongside the stream.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

For anyone that has the airports only, does it change the landmass all around Seattle as the Seattle CityX does?   I really wish the Seattle City would have been only downtown and pier area.  I much prefer the ORBX land mass around the area.  The airports look very nice but not at the expense of changing the whole landmass.  

Gonna ask the question again: Does anyone have working SODE jetways at KPEA? Delivery Center Gates 115 and 116 have Jetways but they are not being recognized by SODE. 

Thanks

15 hours ago, somiller said:

From Stanislaw at DD:

"Ok, please try placing this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l04pgwvd3tvzh8n/CVX_KRNT_Exclude_Vector.BGL?dl=1 into Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery."

I'd post images showing the result, but I don't have any image hosting setup and am not going to bother...suffice to say that the fix solves the problem. Only remaining issue is some vegetation floating in air alongside the stream.

Thanks Steven.  Suspect the vegetation floating in the air alongside the stream is default Autogen and not DD?  In any case I'm foregoing this fix and keeping the mesh slider at 38M as this fixes it and the clarity of the photoreal scenery in SeattleX is stunning at this setting and so far no anomalies in any of the Orbx/FTX sceneries. 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

Is Seattle X worth it if you already have ORBX PNW Region? What else does it add?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Is Seattle X worth it if you already have ORBX PNW Region? What else does it add?

Captain420

Being a long time ORBX PNW user I say the DD Seattle X and Seattle airports scenery is worth it.
I found a pretty major bump up in FPS as well as (dare I say, IMHO) better scenery in the metro PS area over ORBX PNW.

The DD design approach is an efficient and eye pleasing blend of Ortho (photo) scenery & well crafted hard objects (buildings, ground equipment and AI aircraft). It feels like the new best practice in creating Flight Sim scenery... again IMHO.

Cheers,
D-Man

• Upvote 1

D-Man, thanks, but if I get Seatle X will I have to disable anything, because I also have Taxi2Gate KSEA and Orbx PNW region as well. I want everything to play nicely.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, captain420 said:

D-Man, thanks, but if I get Seatle X will I have to disable anything, because I also have Taxi2Gate KSEA and Orbx PNW region as well. I want everything to play nicely.

Not that I know of.

I have ORBX PNW, DD Seattle X +  Airports, and T2D KSEA, and they play quite nicely together, much better than I had imagined. Plus, performance is definitely better than before. Plus, visually it's essentially enhanced.

I didn't have anything to disable so far.  In case of doubt you can try the demo, though.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11