Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Drzewiecki Design Seattle and Seattle Airports X releasing tomorrow!

Thanks, is the demo of Seattle X the full version with a time limit?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks, is the demo of Seattle X the full version with a time limit?

Nope, heavily scaled down version with lower res textures, much less detail, and much less autogen.

15 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Nope, heavily scaled down version with lower res textures, much less detail, and much less autogen.

I don't get the point of this, if they really wanted people to get excited over the demo and make it attractive they wouldn't make it a "heavily scaled down version with lower res textures", they would make it with a time limit. They should show off their scenery to potential customers. 

Don't understand why they would provide a scaled down version? Provide the real thing and then let all decide I would have hoped. I have seen scaled down, as maybe a small radius offering, but never intentionally providing a % of autogen and other objects. I'm skeptical, but maybe after some postings I may change my mind. I love the PNW region, it is my favorite of anywhere.

Bob

The demo was never meant to let users get a feel for the product. It’s mainly for people to have better than default airports for free and have the same airport layouts as others when flying online. 

• Upvote 1

Hey.

Everything is in the description regarding our DEMOs:

"This is a fully functional freeware scenery, perfectly aligned with the full payware version. This ensures no problems with online (VATSIM, IVAO and multiplayer) flying in case some users have the payware scenery and some don't."

The original idea was to provide a freeware version for online pilots (VATSIM / IVAO) since problems may occur when pilots use different sceneries online (f/e during taxi). We call it "DEMO" but it is simply a freeware and very simplified version of the commercial product, perfectly alligned with it. Additionally, if you can't spend any $ on payware products you can still have some fun flying around the included area and you can also use it online. I find it to be a fair solution especially for those who simply can not afford commercial products (usually they also have low-performance setups for which our DEMOs are also perfect). In this case a time-limited full-quality demo seems to be quite a "cruel" solution and I am totally against our products to me demonstrated this way.

To view the full product you can simply visit https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drzewiecki+seattle . This gives you a perfect comparison of how the product really performs and looks on various setups (in contrast to promo movies which are designed to show a product "from the best angle").

• Upvote 2

Hi. FYI:

I've just published an updated version of SEA Airports X v1.05 (already available at Simmarket, other stores will follow) and the updated SEA City X v1.05 is currently being uploaded. You will be notified by stores as soon as the new version is available. Changelog:

Airports:
- Seasons changed to better blend into default and ORBX scenery (winter in January only)
- Better GSX compatibility
- Additional mesh enhancement for KRNT
- Static aircraft now fully compatible with any AI traffic (in v1.0 they were overlapping)
- Lower download size (2,4GB instead of 4,5GB)

City:
- Seasons changed to better blend into default and ORBX scenery (winter in January only)
- Harvey Field exclusion - fixed
- Fixed Taxi2Gate KSEA compatibility
- Slightly lower download size (4,7GB instead of 5,1GB)

• Upvote 5

Stanislaw, what's the ETA on KSEA?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Hi. FYI:

I've just published an updated version of SEA Airports X v1.05 (already available at Simmarket, other stores will follow) and the updated SEA City X v1.05 is currently being uploaded. You will be notified by stores as soon as the new version is available. Changelog:

Airports:
- Better GSX compatibility
- Additional mesh enhancement for KRNT
- Static aircraft now fully compatible with any AI traffic (in v1.0 they were overlapping)
- Lower download size (2,4GB instead of 4,5GB)

City:
- Harvey Field exclusion - fixed
- Fixed Taxi2Gate KSEA compatibility
- Slightly lower download size (4,7GB instead of 5,1GB)

This is great news!!

Two questions:
1. To upgrade from v1, do we simply run the V1.05 installers?
2. Besides Havey Field I also noticed Crest Field was excluded.... Is Crest fixed with V1.05?

Thanks in advance,
D-Man

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Stanislaw, what's the ETA on KSEA?

1.5-2 months.

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

1.5-2 months.

Thanks "Stanislaw".

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Thanks "Stanislaw".

Lol, someone asked the same question on their Facebook recently and that was his answer.

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2017 at 1:46 AM, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Hi. FYI:

I've just published an updated version of SEA Airports X v1.05 (already available at Simmarket, other stores will follow) and the updated SEA City X v1.05 is currently being uploaded. You will be notified by stores as soon as the new version is available.

Stanislaw,

*** I posted the text below in your support forum... including here for community visibility ***

Thanks for the 1.05 upgrades to Seattle Airports and Seattle City... did take care of some of the issues I have seen. However I have a two additional issues for your consideration.

1. Harvey Field did come back in 1.05 however details of Crest Field (S36) are still missing.
2. Aircraft Taxi and Landing lights are not being reflected in the Seattle area airports.

Thanks in advance,
D-Man
Seattle WA.

I have Seattle Airports in P3Dv4 which looks great but in FSW CTD, remove KBFI and it will run.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg