Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Bernt Stolle FDE - removed from carenado website

So I was looking for the Bernt Stolle Fde and cab files for the caravan. They seem to have been removed from the carenado updates section on the website?

i see there is a version for the fsx default caravan on the web, but this does not include the cab file changes that Bernt made to the gauges to remove the hidden spoiler effect. 

Anyone have the fde package that they could upload or share?

thanks 

glenn

34 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

So I was looking for the Bernt Stolle Fde and cab files for the caravan. They seem to have been removed from the carenado updates section on the website?

i see there is a version for the fsx default caravan on the web, but this does not include the cab file changes that Bernt made to the gauges to remove the hidden spoiler effect. 

Anyone have the fde package that they could upload or share?

thanks 

glenn

This it?

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/10193/fsx-default-cessna-208-caravan-new-fde/

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Looks like they have removed all 'optional' patches from their website. Just downloaded and checked the 208 and it comes with the really bad default FDE :(

10 hours ago, ppo said:

I have that file. Send me a PM with your e-mail

Sent......thx!

7 hours ago, J35OE said:

Looks like they have removed all 'optional' patches from their website. Just downloaded and checked the 208 and it comes with the really bad default FDE :(

Yes, I contacted carenado support and was told that they dont remove files from the website. Urrrm......hello.

The usual Carenado "la la la we're not listening, can't here you, did you say something?" then *sigh*

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

The usual Carenado "la la la we're not listening, can't here you, did you say something?" then *sigh*

Hi Folks,

Followed by them sending you a survey to critique their performance ? LOL - insult to injury...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 hours ago, J35OE said:

Yeah, its really bad without the fix Bernt did. You put the throttle at idle and its like a speedbrake has been thrown out. The deceleration is about 10 knots per second!

Hi Folks,

I had this in FS9 - you had to fly like 30 knots faster than book approach speed or you would fall out of the sky... How's she look in P3D ? Have the nice P3D reflections and shine - or is this model too old for that ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I think the model passes as 'good enough' in v4. If I could just get the FDE fix back in I would be a happy man.

There is a possibility that they included it with the last update of the Caravan.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

4 minutes ago, Caribpilot said:

There is a possibility that they included it with the last update of the Caravan.

I wondered about that...wonder if there's any way to tell.  I installed it last night and flew around a bit.  Apart from being dated, it flies pretty nice.  Wish JustFlight or A2A would do a version, though. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM