Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Bernt Stolle FDE - removed from carenado website

18 minutes ago, Caribpilot said:

There is a possibility that they included it with the last update of the Caravan.

9 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I wondered about that...wonder if there's any way to tell.  I installed it last night and flew around a bit.  Apart from being dated, it flies pretty nice.  Wish JustFlight or A2A would do a version, though. 

Not a chance this happened. You can easily tell. Just put the throttle to idle and watch the insane speed bleed off. This has been discussed on a long thread from years ago. The current download exhibits all of the issues discussed.

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I wondered about that...wonder if there's any way to tell. 

Yes, there is.It's still the old FDE.

I heard back again from Carenado. Apparently the file was mislaid during a website update. They will be putting the 208 optional FDE package back up on the website later today. Good news!

• Upvote 2

Hi Folks,

Nice - I had planned to grab the 208 - - - but - - - not without the Stolle FDE...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

You can download the new FDE for the FSX default 208 first to check if you like it. The Carenado version is basically identical ( just slightly different contact points due to the mdl differences)

1 minute ago, J35OE said:

You can download the new FDE for the FSX default 208 first to check if you like it. The Carenado version is basically identical ( just slightly different contact points due to the mdl differences)

Not true. The Carenado files from Bernt also comes with a modified gauge.cab which removes the invisible spoiler effect at throttle idle. 

14 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Not true. The Carenado files from Bernt also comes with a modified gauge.cab which removes the invisible spoiler effect at throttle idle. 

The original FSX version (and hence the new FDE) don't have a modified gauge which uses invisible spoilers.

Carenado simply removed the spoiler-effect from the gauge in their version. 

6 minutes ago, J35OE said:

The original FSX version (and hence the new FDE) don't have a modified gauge which uses invisible spoilers.

Carenado simply removed the spoiler-effect from the gauge in their version. 

Sorry I don't get you.

The current installer of the Carenado Caravan clearly includes the 'hidden spoiler'. You can tell by the massive speed loss at throttle idle.

The optional file which will be restored on the Carenado website includes 2 files. The modified aircraft.cfg file AND a .cab gauge file which removes this spoiler effect.

The modified FDE is pretty much useless unless you can also get rid of the spoiler effect.

The present Carenado version has the spoiler effect to simulate prop drag. 

The new FDE for the Carenado version is identical with the new FDE for the FSX version, but Carenado had to remove the spoiler effect for the new FDE to work correctly.

That's why there's an updated gauge for the Carenado version. The only change is the deleted spoiler effect.

The optional FDE hopefully consists of 3 files;  air, cfg and cab.

Right. So without the deleted spoiler effect, just installing a new FDE file isn't going to help much. 

Hence why we need the .cab from Carenado reinstating. 

Just installing the modified default fde isn't going to help much and certainly won't give you a good idea with the Carenado version because of the silly spoiler effect.

Seems to be a misunderstanding here. I've meant that Scott can download the new FDE for the default 208 and test it in FSX.

That way he can check if he likes the FDE and he doesn't need to buy the Carenado version first. 

edit:  patches are up again

58 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Seems to be a misunderstanding here. I've meant that Scott can download the new FDE for the default 208 and test it in FSX.

That way he can check if he likes the FDE and he doesn't need to buy the Carenado version first. 

edit:  patches are up again

lol, yes, i think so :)

Hi Folks,

LOL - I got the Caravan and Cargo for less than $10.00 - how could I say no... Be great for Alaska, Hawaii, and the Caribbean...

Thanks for all the information posted and taking the time to post it - I'm in...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

Hi

I have the C208 plus the C208 cargo add on , whats the correct way to install it for the cargomaster version?

thanks

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

10 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi

I have the C208 plus the C208 cargo add on , whats the correct way to install it for the cargomaster version?

thanks

Rich

It doesn’t come with an installer ?

Regards,

Scott