Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Bernt Stolle FDE - removed from carenado website

yeah i know , ive down loaded the files but from what i can make out its just for the normal C208B , the Cargomaster has its own CFG file etc

ugcx_banner.png

You can still use it. Just edit the cfg accordingly.

I believe the instructions supplied with the edited files even mentions a) how to install them and b) how to account for the cargo version.

Since the patch doesn't seem to be available anymore I'd ask Carenado. Not 100% sure but AFAIR they might have included the patch into the download package when they removed the patch itself a while ago. 

Just re-downloaded the 208 from Carenado and guess what….it comes with the old really bad FDE. 

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

LOL - and some wonder why many of us have a love-hate relationship with Carenado... You give them the fix for their product and they can't be bothered implementing it...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

And since simply exchanging the air and cfg file doesn't work in this case you are stuck with the old FDE....

The original FDE uses a special gauge to correct the bad turboprop simulation. Without the original Carenado patch you can't exchange the FDE.  

4 minutes ago, J35OE said:

The original FDE uses a special gauge to correct the bad turboprop simulation. Without the original Carenado patch you can't exchange the FDE.  

So, you're saying that Bernt Stolle FDE doesn't work?

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Does this also work with the C208B Grand Caravan EX HD? This is the version with the G1000 instead of the analogue gauges.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5