Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Bernt Stolle FDE - removed from carenado website

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Does this also work with the C208B Grand Caravan EX HD? This is the version with the G1000 instead of the analogue gauges.

No. The EX already comes with an 'original' Bernt Stolle FDE.  

@ChaoticBeauty , that's exactly the set of files needed! Thanx 🙂

9 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

How does this play with that gauge thing?

The correct GCCB.CAB file is included in this patch. 

1 hour ago, J35OE said:

The link takes me the to C208B Grand Caravan HD purchase. I don't see a link for the patch. But. does this mean that this version of the Grand Caravan already includes the patch?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

4 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

The link takes me the to C208B Grand Caravan HD purchase. I don't see a link for the patch. But. does this mean that this version of the Grand Caravan already includes the patch?

It's on the bottom of the screen and no, Carenado considers this an 'optional' patch.

7 hours ago, J35OE said:

It's on the bottom of the screen and no, Carenado considers this an 'optional' patch.

Thank you J35OE...just checked...I had to be logged into my account to see the link. Thanks for letting us know!

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

8 hours ago, J35OE said:

Hi Folks,

Awesome sauce - hah - can't fly my Caravan without the Stolle seal of approval on my FDE - happy to see it back... Although I must admit whomever is doing the FDE's today for Carenado is doing a pretty darn good job as well... While I have many gripes with Carenado - the FDE's aren't one of them...

A retired elevator mechanic - GA pilot - buddy of mine just got picked up by the FEDEX feeder serving the Northeast - G1000 Caravan's between Newark and Dulles (surprised this is a feeder route) is the route he's assigned - once he get's settled - I'll ask if he can do an official ride along for a perspective pilot - I don't have anywhere near the 1200 hours they need but they don't have to know that... They seem to be hurting for pilots...

Regards,
Scott   

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott - Congrats to your buddy. Definitely take him up if you're able to (and if he's able to get you aboard...). If you're ever at the controls, you'll find that the thing flys like a truck - and the importance of right rudder! ha In my so far 30ish hours of flying our company G1000 Caravan EX, I've found lots of things that Carenado hasn't modeled or over-simplified. But it's still a decent simulation of the plane. But, the thing that has surprised me the most is how stable it is and how responsive it is to changes of the power lever. It's a fun airplane to fly!

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

What exactly does Bernt Stolle's FDE actually do different to the aircraft?

Also Bernt suggests to "Suggest to rename the original 208 air file or to change the file extension. 
   If you don't and you add repaints the might end up using the old airfile."

By extension I am assuming he means the.air file I removed the .air extention on the old file and renamed the file and then replaced it with Bernt's  208ng.air file. Why not just delete it though why remove extension and rename it?

Then again why not just rename the old .air file with the new file from Bernt?

Edited by surfcandy
improve

You don't need to do both.  If you rename the old air file you don't need to delete the file extension (and vice versa).

Of course you can simply delete the old air file, but it has become common practice not to suggest to delete any original files.

If you want to revert to the original FDE for some reason you would have to re-install and/or re-download the whole 208 package again.

Thanks for the clarification. I am still wondering what exactly Bernt's FDE patch actually fixes and changes in the aircraft. and why I would need it.

It's a completely new FDE which has been designed in close collaboration with a real 208 pilot and it features a much better PT6 simulation, hence it's way closer to a real 208 than the original FDE.

Edited by J35OE

31 minutes ago, surfcandy said:

Thanks for the clarification. I am still wondering what exactly Bernt's FDE patch actually fixes and changes in the aircraft. and why I would need it.

Hi...

Seriously - trust us - you don't want to fly this aircraft without the Stolle FDE...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7