Sign in to follow this  
deepblueskyy

Warning! Credit Card Errors During Xmas Sale

I hate to report that the charges DID in fact hit my account and I have had a terrible time getting a response from Carenado. They only respond with a short form letter saying that they'll look into the matter. They are ruining their reputation with me.

My only recourse now is to report the charges to my credit card and let their fraud department handle it.

Please let this be a lesson to anyone who deals with Carendao. Unlike other Flight Sim developers, they don't seem to have people out there you can contact directly.  I have often had full conversations on forums with other developers who helped me when I had a problem.

I like Carenado's aircraft but they need to make this right with their customers. Right now I feel totally screwed.

I'll update if I have anything more to report.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Don't understand that one. You wrote that Carenado did respond and that they will look into that matter and further down you wrote that you can't contact them directly?

Furthermore they belong to the few developers which offer refunds easily and/or offer you to choose another product. 

Yes, they responded with a form letter saying "we'll look into it" but I haven't heard back in days. Meanwhile, the charges that were pending actually processed so now I have over $90 in charges and no refund has been offered.

Maybe your experience has been different but mine has been a nightmare. I tried to contact their credit card vendor "transbank" but it's Italian and very difficult to contact them as well. The language barrier doesn't help but I've had very good experiences with other developers based in Europe.

Most developers can be reached in a forum and have a conversation, like we are having here.  Carenado only communicates with generic form letters. I'm not even sure they know what the problem is. There is a major flaw in their customer service that I am trying to expose so that others don't suffer the same fate.

As I said, I will update when/if I get this situation resolved.

Right now I say everyone is taking a leap of faith by buying a Carenado product.

I also run into troubles. I was charged but got no aircraft in my account. I wrote them and had to wait 7 day until I got an answer. I immediately got the aircraft then. They said, they had a lot of support tickets. I felt like they announced the Xmas sale and went away for a vacation.

However, I already sent my creditcard a request to draw back my money, which was then obsolete. When I called my credit card support line, they didn't offer this possibility, which I only found online on the credit cards website. 

However, I will no longer buy directly with Carenado, but 3rd party resellers, like Simmarket etc. I never had problems there. 

Their support is pretty weak. I takes too long, when they need a week to answer. Last time I had ctd's I asked for help and they just offered me another aircraft. That may solve a problem, but was not what I expect from support. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I believe the issue has finally been resolved. I ended up disputing the extra charges with my credit card company and that got Carenado's attention. They issued a refund of the extra charges. However, to add insult to injury they accidentally deactivated the new aircraft in my account so I had to contact them again. They quickly reactivated the aircraft and sent me a brief message apologizing for the trouble.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:15 PM, blaunarwal said:

However, I will no longer buy directly with Carenado, but 3rd party resellers, like Simmarket etc. I never had problems there. 

I think the above poster's solution is the best way to purchase Carenado aircraft in the future.