Sign in to follow this  
deepblueskyy

Warning! Credit Card Errors During Xmas Sale

My credit card was billed twice by Carenado and it said the transaction failed both times. My account shows no downloads for my purchase and the aircraft are still in the shopping cart.

I am now out $90 USD and Carenado has not yet responded through their customer support.

Beware if you're trying to purchase anything during the sale. There is clearly a bug they need to resolve.

Thanks, I was trying to buy last night and ran into the same problem.  Tried twice and both times got a failure and no download links.  I'll have to check my card and see if I was billed.

I had this problem a few weeks ago when purchasing the Cheyenne III. It took Carenado a few days to straighten it out after submitting a ticket. I just picked up another plane during the sale and had no issues, but I used Paypal this time.

I checked my credit card, I have two pending transactions showing up, but never received any order confirmation.  I put a support ticket in with Carenado, hopefully they can get it sorted out.

I had the same problem last night (Australian time) when trying to purchase the Cheyenne III. Its the third time this has occurred when trying to purchase through their web store. They have rectified the other times pretty quickly and I hope they fix this one likewise. Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to...(not glad you other guys are having problems of course!).

Murray Dreyer

Just want to confirm that using PAYPAL worked OK for me.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I still have an open ticket with Carenado support. As far as I can tell there aren't many ways to get in touch with someone. I have been a long time customer of Carenado and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt before I begin the process of disputing the charges with my bank. I hope they get it together before they tarnish their reputation in the sim community. 

I try to channel my Amex usage through PayPal for security and have made 3 successful purchases with Carenado in the last two days.

I'm sure the problem will be sorted once they know.

It seems as though it is only direct credit card transactions that appear affected. I haven't had a response from Carenado regarding my transaction, despite lodging a support ticket last week, and a follow up email asking for any update.

Murray Dreyer

Both my pending transactions dropped off my card without posting, which is good.  I did finally hear something back from Carenado today asking what I was purchasing.

Several years ago, I had an accidental double transaction on one item purchased. I submitted a support ticket with the transaction and explanation. Their response was, credit or refund. I chose the refund and they corrected the mistake. Maybe right now its a busy time for them with the sale.

I'm still waiting as well. This has been a big time reminder that vendors like Carenado are located all over the world and have virtually no way to reach them other than email so if they make a mistake or commit fraud your only recourse may be to dispute the charges with your bank/credit card and hope for the best.

I am still hopeful Carenado will make this right but I am now wary about making any large purchases from them at one time.

18 minutes ago, deepblueskyy said:

I am still hopeful Carenado will make this right

Are the purchases still pending or did they actually post?

I just checked my account and the charges have dropped off.

This is good news but I don't understand why Carenado support didn't let me know and has had very sparse communication during this whole thing.  I don't blame Carenado as I think the problem is with their credit card vendor. I do think they could do a better job of communicating through their support.

I won't be making any more binge purchases during sales. It seems like it may be safer to spread them out so the individual charges are small. 

I wish everyone the best of luck.