Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Eaglesoft airplanes coming, but not to v4?

I read a brief article that had a link and I hate Facebook so I am having trouble reading it, but I think it says that Eaglesoft is coming with 4 airplanes starting early next year but none of them are going to be for p3d v4? is that right?

I saw on ADX the new renders of the new Citation X - I mean yeah it looks gorgeous - but just a WILD guess here.... it's gonna be "a while" before we see that bird.

I think their C560+ is going to beta soon or already is...  but FSX first.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Technically I believe it's 32bit first... not simply FSX.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I didn't think Eaglesoft was still around. I haven't heard any news from them in a long time.

20 minutes ago, ErichB said:

FSX first.?  Honestly?

Building flight simulator planes that actually work takes a very long time, in some cases years! so this is totally understandable as the most plausible reason is that the project started way long before the 64 bit version of PD3 was launched.

So it is not unreasonable to release the 32 bit version of the planes first while you converts the source code to 64bit, then the 64bit version of the plane will need to be beta tested (or at least it should) before it can be released.

if it works for FSX it is very likely it will work for PD3 V3.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Well - kinda good news... P3Dv4 is all I use... 

I can't do Facebook - so thanks for the update...

Four ?

• Citation X
  • Citation XLS
  • Challenger
  • ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No P3Dv4, no Navigraph, no sales... at least for me. A shame since the planes seem to have a lot of potential. 

• Upvote 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Just now, carlito777 said:

No P3Dv4, no Navigraph, no sales... at least for me. 

You should see this as an advantage, it will come out for FSX / PD3, you will be able to see the reports, pictures and reviews form other users and they will influence the patches and fixes that the developer will need to implement for P3Dv4, so when the P3Dv4 is available the product would be polished and you get the end results :)

All the best,

Simbol

• Upvote 2

But if they don't release for 32-bit platforms first, how are they supposed to double dip by having customers pay 64-bit upgrade fees? :wink:

• Upvote 3

Just now, Chapstick said:

But if they don't release for 32-bit platforms first, how are they supposed to double dip by having customers pay 64-bit upgrade fees? :wink:

Hi Alex,

You are seeing this as the other way around, developing planes is very complicated and takes a lot of time, they probably were too way deep on 32bit to start developing for 64bit when P3Dv4 came out, so what do you do? you have to continue and finish your product for 32bit and take it out for general public.

They will need to spend a considerable amount of money and time to convert for 64bit, the decision to make the upgrade for free or not is up to them, but as a flight simulator user I would be happy to pay for the upgrade to continue supporting them as developers so they can continue to run their business and being able to grow the flight simulator community with great add-on's.

Without users the community cannot grow, but without developers this cannot happen either.. we both need each other.

Best Regards,
Simbol

There are still a huge number of people out there who still use FSX, FSX-SE and at least P3Dv3 (I still have P3Dv3.4 for the stuffs that are not available on V4 yet).  Developers need to recoup the cost and will go to where they can get the doe first.  Scenery developers are more advantageous, their stuffs don't fly and you only see bit of theirs briefly on take off and landing :cool:.  No Navigraph update is a big downer for me, but may be they support other nav data?  I have a hard time believing that a complex Bizjet like their product don't support nav data update.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

There are other options that are not Eaglesoft.  I wrote this company off years ago after having several problems and/or basic functionality questions with the v2 CitationX FMS/CDU.  I never received anything but condescending and rude statements from one developer in particular.  Maybe the lack of Navigraph support is because they still haven't figured out how to make a realistically functioning FMS.

However, somebody is still buying this stuff.  This feels like another money-grab to me, like so many other products out there. 

I have been purchasing the Eaglesoft corporate jets since the Beechjet 400A was first released for FS2002. I have always enjoyed them especially the Citation X, which I flew in both versions in FS9 and FSX and the V2 in P3DV3. I have now moved exclusively to P3DV4.1 and will purchase their jets as the become available for P3DV4. However I do understand their reasons for releasing for 32 bit sims first. 

Greg 

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz