Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Eaglesoft airplanes coming, but not to v4?

Hi Folks,

LOL - yeah - granted - Ron is not always the most - tactful - person in the room but if you've been following the development efforts the models they are working on look superb... In addition - they tend to be a realistic study level simulation dedicated to business jets - the PMDG of the corporate jet world... So if it has a Proline 21 - you can expect it to operate like a Proline 21... While the 32 bit models won't do me any good - I'm sure they understand the need to port them to 64... I'm patient - when they come to my sim of choice - I'll be there to give them a shot...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 3

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, carlito777 said:

No P3Dv4, no Navigraph, no sales... at least for me. A shame since the planes seem to have a lot of potential. 

Agreed. They are still designing for the past. Shame as I will not buy either.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

The XLS and the Challenger were designed well before P3DV4 was even announced under NDA to developers. They have been in work since P3D was a wee baby on the commercial market or at least the XLS for sure. It takes nearly half a decade to design a good close to study level complex aircraft. By the time V4 was announced the XLS  was almost in Beta and the Challenger was already into coding. I don't understand the pedantic "I will never buy" foot stomping that goes on over developers processes. 

• Upvote 1

I do not see any foot stomping here.  I see potential customers giving their feedback/opinion on why they may or may not purchase the product.  Voting with their dollars, so to speak.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I do not see any foot stomping here.  I see potential customers giving their feedback/opinion on why they may or may not purchase the product.  Voting with their dollars, so to speak.

Yes have to agree with you. I have now been through FS9, then FSX for a few years, finally tried P3D at V2 then through P3Dv3 and now P3Dv4.1. When P3D finally went 64 bit, I realised we were in a new world of simming. The main improvement was performance. I made no change to my system, but all of my sceneries and high performance a/c worked much better. So as much as I have liked Eaglesoft products in the past, I can't see buying anything new that isn't compatible with 64-bit P3Dv4. And I have to wonder how many people continue to use FSX. If I look at the number of posts on a daily basis on Avsim, there are many more on P3D than on FSX. I expect that Eaglesoft just got caught where they did not anticipate 64 bit P3D so quickly? And perhaps they do not have the resources to convert as quickly as A2A and a few others. Milviz has not converted all of their aircraft to P3Dv4. I don't think Carenado has either (not that I am interested in their products anymore). Evidently it is a pretty big effort to convert a complex a/c form 32-bit FSX to 64 bit P3D.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

It may be awhile before we see a v4 version, per Eaglesoft on FB, 64 bit avionics at our level is no picnic....

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Really hoped Eaglesoft would be releasing some biz jets next year for v4, because no other company has full featured systems and a fmc. The coming Falcon I read about is getting a Flight1 GTN for you to put in. Can I have a bizjet to fly Netjets and other flights hopping around and to Hawaii/Europe sometime next year????

It's going to use a different navdata source and one of the reasons I heard is because this method will provide LPV guidance on rnav (gps) approaches.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Here is the article from our FB Page. It is included here in the interest of full disclosure, not as promotion.:cool:

A timeline regarding Eaglesoft Generation Three Catalog of Corporate and General Aviation Projects for all three current 32 Bit Simulation Platforms [FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3] is requested by flight simulation community members. Eaglesoft response is as follows.

Generation Three Citation XLS+ w/full Collins Pro Line 21 Avionics Suite is slated to begin rigorous beta testing in December 2017 w/ Release to Market [RTM] set for early 2018.

Generation Three Challenger 605 w//full Collins Pro Line 21 Avionics Suite will follow the Eaglesoft Development/Testing routine. We cannot make a projection for Challenger 605 [RTM] as there are too many variables.

Generation Three Citation X w/full Honeywell Primus 2000 Avionics Suite will follow the Eaglesoft Development/Testing routine and [RTM] path as outlined for the Challenger 605.

ALL Generation Three Projects will be considered as candidates for a 64 Bit P3DV4 Generation Four Catalog of products in development.:-)

A visit to the above mentioned FB Page yields plenty of shots of all three current projects. PS: We consider "all three current 32 Bit Simulation Platforms [FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3] as very viable platforms which enjoy widespread use in the community. While we may be late to the 64 bit party, we do intend to build for that platform as stated.

When I do have time to fly I still run  [FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3] AND P3DV4 on the same machine and enjoy all four... Merry Christmas all.:biggrin:

• Upvote 5

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron

Your reply helps to clarify. You will already know most of the posters as Eaglesoft fans - not detractors. But having moved on to P3DV4 we are keen to see you there soon. 

As you rightly point out it is possible to run several sim versions in parallel. 

What might help is if you could consider giving some pricing clarity. If we buy a Generation 3 XLS and then upgrade to Generation 4 XLS when it becomes available will there be an upgrade price?  

Dont get me wrong nobody expects something for nothing. But equally nobody likes paying twice for virtually the same thing. Example - PMDG FSX to P3D - which hurt!  

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

52 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Ron

Your reply helps to clarify. You will already know most of the posters as Eaglesoft fans - not detractors. But having moved on to P3DV4 we are keen to see you there soon. 

As you rightly point out it is possible to run several sim versions in parallel. 

What might help is if you could consider giving some pricing clarity. If we buy a Generation 3 XLS and then upgrade to Generation 4 XLS when it becomes available will there be an upgrade price?  

Dont get me wrong nobody expects something for nothing. But equally nobody likes paying twice for virtually the same thing. Example - PMDG FSX to P3D - which hurt!  

Dean

Fair question Dean. As you know we have a policy which prohibits pre RTM Pricing and Release Dates and I'm skirting close to the edge here.:cool:

In the example that you state... 

Generation Three product owners will certainly be offered an Generation Four product discount which is yet to be determined. More on this as we get closer to RTM.

By the way, all of this information is and will be clarified on our new website which is under construction as we speak. Merry Christmas All.:biggrin: 

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks Ron. 

Looking forward to the Generation 3 releases now!😀

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

4 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Thanks Ron. 

Looking forward to the Generation 3 releases now!😀

Thanks Dean.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Eaglesoft " Flight Simulation for the 21st Century..." I don't think so. Don't get me wrong their SR22 was and still is the best ever for flight sim. But the world of flight sim has moved on since then