Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

F1 to RXP GTN Gauge ready

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Whoops!  Likely not for the 750_2.  Will check and advise.

That was it!  Thanks Ryan. Working great now!

Fantastic!  JL reminded me when I did the same with the Realair Legacy lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Funny Ryan, or not so funny: I was certain I could get it to work on 750_2 and spent a couple of hours trying, not realizing what I was omitting. So a bit bewildered at the end of that trialing effort, I tried clicking on the relevant clickspots on the 2D popup, and they worked fine.  I scratched my head for a few minutes until I realized......  Duhh!

This hobby can certainly produce brain fade, can't it!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Ryan. Just installed your gauge into the Turbine Duke - works great.

Thanks!

David Porrett

39 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Thanks Ryan. Just installed your gauge into the Turbine Duke - works great.

Thanks!

Is the link working now?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 12/5/2017 at 1:54 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Here's a mod to get the GNS530wV2 in the Baytower RV7 with working clickspots (P3D only - not tested in anything else).  It also addresses the inop gtx327 (that would usually crash P3D v4).  Credits also to Bert Pieke for the gtx327 mod and initial clickspot coding!

Place the rxp ini in the Vans_RV7 root folder and the rest in the panel.RV7_tip folder (backup originals).

FILE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uikmdvduo2p4i0/RXPGNSv2mod_panel.RV7_tip.zip?dl=0

It's then easy to make your own config for the rest of the variants.

37545884134_de21f82d46_o.jpgUntitled-1 by ryan b, on Flickr

Hey Ryan, the link to the Baytower RV7 fix seems to be down. Do you think you could perhaps re-upload it or send it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Walker

On 2/28/2018 at 11:25 PM, Jocko Flocko said:

Hey Ryan, the link to the Baytower RV7 fix seems to be down. Do you think you could perhaps re-upload it or send it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Try this?  Otherwise I can send it to anyone via email.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/usuoczfq66rz00x/RXPGNSv2mod_reup_panel.RV7_tip.zip?dl=0

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Anyway I've got new files for the clickspot gauge.  PM me with your email if you need it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

New files? Could you send to my email?

PM sent.

Thanks,

On 15/11/2017 at 4:26 AM, ryanbatcund said:

I've now got a small mod that allows minimal VC button functionality for some addons.  This mod adds click functionality for the DirectTo and HOME single button press in the virtual cockpit on the GTN bezel.  Some users have reported the frequency knobs in the lower right work too.  I don't use those however.

Mod has been tested in Carenado Cheyenne III, PA31T, C550, PC12, the Alabeo Ovation and Saratoga TC.  A2A Comanche, Cherokee, C182 (I'll probably do a mod for the 650 for the Connie).  And Realair Legacy v2.  This is only for the single GTN 750.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clac7lc7emr1doi/RXP_GTN_750_VCclicks.zip?dl=0

EDIT: That was fast - GTN 650 too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpxmq5gdok1p2dz/RXP_GTN_650_VCclicks.zip?dl=0

DTO working in A2A Comanche and Connie

38428778881_700794995f_o.jpgpa24mod by ryan b, on Flickr

38429046071_8384f3165f_o.jpgconnie650 by ryan b, on Flickr

The dropbox link is dead :(

2 hours ago, zsegaoula said:

The dropbox link is dead :(

Yeah Pm me with your email address

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

3 hours ago, zsegaoula said:

Mod has been tested in Carenado Cheyenne III, PA31T, C550, PC12, the Alabeo Ovation and Saratoga TC.  A2A Comanche, Cherokee, C182 (I'll probably do a mod for the 650 for the Connie).  And Realair Legacy v2.  This is only for the single GTN 750.

Ryan. I am also using it successfully in the Carenado F406 Caravan II and in the Real Air Turbine Duke v2.   And in the TDv2 I have it working for two GTN 750's.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 3/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, fppilot said:

Ryan. I am also using it successfully in the Carenado F406 Caravan II and in the Real Air Turbine Duke v2.   And in the TDv2 I have it working for two GTN 750's.

Can you share your configs Frank?? Thanks!!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I've been trying this out in A2A C182, with mixed results. Using both the GTN's

I get most of it to work, except the "push middle button" for the push buttons on volume, and frequency knobs. Scrolling the mouse wheel work for changing frequency and volume. Anyone else had this issue with the gauge?

I have added the gauge to only the first VC section in panel.cfg. Using 8800 as setting.

Another thing I found is that left and right clicking or scrolling to change frequencies and volume was that the logic is inverted as regard to how the 3d buttons work/are animated. This was easily fixed by flipping the code in the xml file, for button 2 and 3 as well as page Inc/Dec and group inc/Dec. (and no, middle mouse was not working before I did this code swap 😛 )

I have tried the latest gauge file from Ryan, as well as his personal xml and .ini file with no luck.

Edited by Bjørn Helge

Bjørn Helge Småvollan

Hi,

please understand this is only a 'bridge' which translates one set of commands into another one. It is supposed to cover all commands though, just make sure to correctly configure the 'routing' values (i.e. which set of commands gets redirected to which GTN unit).

However, the best is very simple: please just LOBBY third party vendors to add native integration. Honestly, all vendors having done the 3D GTN bezel almost just need to reprogram the buttons and knobs to issue native simulation GPS commands. Our latest version also includes a ready-made partinfo.xml file to help them getting started with all commands listed and documented (both in the User's Manual and the xml file).

There is no reason Carenado, or others continue shipping aircraft without RXP GTN support natively once customers are voicing their needs!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)