Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

RELEASED: HD Mesh Scenery v4 for X-Plane 11

Lucky Glenn, I will be waiting for the rush to die down I think, I am just getting timeouts.   I have all the torrents running but while I am seeding at about 30Mbit I have only managed to pull down a few tiles over 10 hours.

Everyone wants it now! :)

Nice work again Andras,   look forward to seeing it all in VR soon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

I downloaded Europe and North America in 45 minutes from Aerosoft site:)

Testing now.

Thanks alpilotx!

Yes, the Aerosoft site was a breeze! Big thank you Andras! Did a few short flights earlier and it's quite impressive. Getting ready for a flight through Death Valley to do some more testing. 

I ended up getting it from the Aussie server, made sense from NZ.   About 40 minutes from there.  The servers are working well.

As a newbie, over from FSX, I'm really impressed by all the contributed material for XP.  This V4 is a another work of art - got Alaska, so far and find is amazingly accurate.  My very appreciative thanks. 

Hope this is not a dumb question but if we use self-generated ortho4xp scenery, do we need to re-generate the tiles using the new mesh?

Thanks,

Sion

1 hour ago, sionalford said:

Hope this is not a dumb question but if we use self-generated ortho4xp scenery, do we need to re-generate the tiles using the new mesh?

Thanks,

Sion

Just redo step 4, or use this batch processing file.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37102-overlays-batch-builder-for-ortho4xp/

I'm just about done batch processing the entire US and will be releasing updates for my ortho packages.

10 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Yes, the Aerosoft site was a breeze! Big thank you Andras! Did a few short flights earlier and it's quite impressive. Getting ready for a flight through Death Valley to do some more testing. 

Well, I need to admit that the Death Valley really only shines with UHD Mesh Scenery which uses higher res, 30m DEM data. The 90m DEM used in HD Mesh Scenery v4 does not capture the rock formations in sufficient detail (thus neither can the mesh magically make the shine). In that region with little OSM data (few roads, cities, water bodies) and not much landclass variation (well, its mostly desert :biggrin:) even UHD Mesh Scenery v1 will be good enough (without many compromises needed).

(and yes, I plan / hope to update UHD Mesh Scenery too in the future ...)

• Upvote 2

Fantastic work again Andras and the download is very fast through the browser , but again you just don't want to do Mumbai :biggrin: 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Andras, of course your right, and I noticed that Death Valley was good but seemed to miss some detail. That you explained it immediately is almost as impressive as your work! Now to check out the Oregon coast KONP to KPDX and down the Hood river. 

So far I have redone overlays using V4 in a couple areas- Vancouver, BC, and Calgary and Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Over top orthos at 17/18/19 (Bing).  V4 is fabulous in these areas. Most of those pesky trees that were shooting up everywhere are gone, and the forests are much more accurate. The terrain appears much more varied and interesting because those trees are gone and the orthos can shine through. Roads are lining up great with the orthos, too. Great work Andras. Thanks again.

15 minutes ago, Bob Tildesley said:

So far I have redone overlays using V4 in a couple areas- Vancouver, BC, and Calgary and Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Over top orthos at 17/18/19 (Bing).  V4 is fabulous in these areas. Most of those pesky trees that were shooting up everywhere are gone, and the forests are much more accurate. The terrain appears much more varied and interesting because those trees are gone and the orthos can shine through. Roads are lining up great with the orthos, too. Great work Andras. Thanks again.

My pleasure ... Even though I have to admit, that orthos have never been my main concern :cool: ... and the scenery was meant to stand on his own.

But of course, I can very well understand if ortho users use it in their "own" way (even if I am not one of them).

• Upvote 1

UPDATE: BitTorrent Power-User rejoice!

I have listened to the "pain" of the power users, who want to use BitTorrent and want to download everything at once. Now there is an official ZIP bundle containing all 174 torrent files which you can grab in one go, and feed it to your torrent client! We choose this approach, to not mess up the effort of already seeding torrents (because the torrents in the ZIP are absolutely the same you would get from flightsim.com ... it just save the tedious work of too-many-clicks):

Find the info and link(s) to the HD_Mesh_Scenery_v4_torrent_bundle.zip here:

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, alpilotx said:

I have listened to the "pain" of the power users, who want to use BitTorrent and want to download everything at once. Now there is an official ZIP bundle containing all 174 torrent files which you can grab in one go, and feed it to your torrent client! We choose this approach, to not mess up the effort of already seeding torrents (because the torrents in the ZIP are absolutely the same you would get from flightsim.com ... it just save the tedious work of too-many-clicks):

That is great news! Much appreciated and many thanks for your great work!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

9 hours ago, alpilotx said:

Nice!

.. I'm running Ortho4XP over Mesh V3, do I need to build the overlay from scratch ???? 

Cheers 

Yair