Sign in to follow this  
supersym

P3D4.1 Huge and intermittent drop of fps

Hello,
I meet a huge drop of fps 30 seconds after starting any flight. If I swich to full screen fps returns normal a few minuts and drop again. I swich to windowed view and it returns normal a few minuts...
Only leaving task manager in background maintiens fps normal.
My OS is Windows 10.
What can I do ?
Thanks

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I've not run into any situation like that, but since you mention that it runs correctly with Task Manager left open, you might try using the free version of Process Lasso. Just install using the recommended setup provided by Process Lasso. If nothing else you can see everything (with more info as opposed to task manager) that the computer is doing while running P3D.

I might also ask if you have looked at Windows system reports to see if it is logging errors or system warnings.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's