Sign in to follow this  
tttocs

Bezel in Turbine Duke

Let's try that again:

750.jpg

Scott

Durned Linux servers and their case sensitivity.

Yeah, that's definitely different. It looks like a generic version of a bezel. The texture is there. Just the 3 dimensional contours are missing. Looking closer all the other bezels are missing contours also. Don't know what would be causing that.
But you can still install the 750 gauge?

Yeah, I noticed my other radios don't look quite right either.  Just did some A-B comparisons with my B60 and they're quite different.

Yes, the 750 installs and functions just fine.  As noted earlier, I'm quite convinced now that this is an issue with my T-Duke install, not with the 750.

Scott

8 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Yeah, I noticed my other radios don't look quite right either.  Just did some A-B comparisons with my B60 and they're quite different.

Yes, the 750 installs and functions just fine.  As noted earlier, I'm quite convinced now that this is an issue with my T-Duke install, not with the 750.

Scott

It has to do with the lighting.
Try this. Cast a shadow.

Spoiler

Direct lighting. Brightness cranked up. 1.38
BTW anyone have some Windex?

Spoiler

I wish that were it, but I've played with brightness, panel lighting, sunlight, shadows - all the same.

Whoops wait a minute.  Just got the right amount of direct light and finally see something.

Man, that just does not seem right.

Scott

2 hours ago, tttocs said:

Whoops wait a minute.  Just got the right amount of direct light and finally see something.

Man, that just does not seem right.

Scott

And then there was silence.....  Did we lose radio communication??

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

41 minutes ago, fppilot said:

And then there was silence.....  Did we lose radio communication??

:-) 

No, just not sure what else to say.  The bezel appears completely flat under any lighting other than very direct sunlight, even in broad daylight or with panel lights on.  It takes direct sun to show the contours.  I don't recall seeing something like that before.  I've configured, reconfigured, uninstalled, installed and played with the panel.cfg - and it appears all I was doing was chasing my tail.  Switching to the B60 in the exact same light, the radios and the GNS 500 in the B60 look fine.  Kinda back to "it is what it is", I guess.

Thanks for the assistance, gents.  Sorry, but I kinda feel like I wasted everyone's time - but I do appreciate the help.

Scott

Not to prolong the misery, but during the stages of uninstalling and then reinstalling over the past day or so did you note at what point the issue first appeared again?  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Not to prolong the misery, but during the stages of uninstalling and then reinstalling over the past day or so did you note at what point the issue first appeared again?  

Frank, what I discovered was that it was always there.  It didn't matter if I added the RXP gauge or not.  I installed, configured for a single 750, fired it up in P3D and it was as pictured.

Scott

1 hour ago, tttocs said:

Frank, what I discovered was that it was always there.  It didn't matter if I added the RXP gauge or not.  I installed, configured for a single 750, fired it up in P3D and it was as pictured.

Scott

So does that mean that you uninstalled the TDv2, then reinstalled it, then configured it before firing up and looking at it?  I would suggest you totally and completely without question uninstall it. Then reinstall. Do nothing else. No configuration other than default installation.  Boot up P3D and look at the panel at that point since your other gauges and radios exhibit the same issue. Then take baby steps in the config process, firing up each time and looking to see when it first appears. 

Believe me I hate the painstaking element of the process, but I have been pulling my hair out the past few days while in my case making small mistakes of omission when configuring GPS models into panels and into popups.  When I slowed down and created a checklist I found I could determine when issues arose and then recognize what I was doing or not doing.  Not saying you are yourself making errors at all, that was my issue. But moving a step at a time only, and verifying, helped me overcome it.  That type of process might help you identify better what is amiss in your case. 

The TDv2 is too valuable to be dissatisfied with. It needs to be totally enjoyed!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

13 hours ago, fppilot said:

Boot up P3D and look at the panel at that point since your other gauges and radios exhibit the same issue.

Actually the gauges, switches - the whole panel in general - look fine.  It's just the radios and most especially the 750 bezel that are off and even the radios aren't that bad - probably wouldn't have even noticed the difference if I weren't fighting with the 750 thing.  While I understand and appreciate what you're saying, for the time being I think I'll give it a rest.  Perhaps when my patience level has been restored I can revisit things but for now I'd just like to get some flying in and enjoy the plane and the new 750 which. after all, works great.  Maybe I'll just plan a few flights making sure the sun is at my back. :-)

Again, thanks for all the help - it is greatly appreciated!

Scott

• Upvote 1