Not sure if it's been covered but just got an email from nvidia the Titan Volta has been released. Learned my lesson after buying the first pascal Titan so holding off on this https://www.nvidia.co.uk/titan/titan-v/?ncid=em-ded-mh-29199&deliveryName=DM7834#cid=NA

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Uhhh... $3,616.49 at today's rate... I think I'll just wait until it hits the $200-$300 range as usual. Should be sometime around 2023

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Oh, that is good news $2999.00 US ... count me in.  I'll be having a Titan X (pascal) up for sale very soon.

Cheers Rob.

EDIT: Or should I wait for the 1090Ti for $1200?

Guess that's the great thing about hardware always moving forward at a brisk pace,Im guessing by late Q2/Q3 of next year we will have a 1180ti.....and probably a Titan VX or Titan VBlack shortly afterwards 😉

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Oh, that is good news $2999.00 US ... count me in.  I'll be having a Titan X (pascal) up for sale very soon.

Cheers Rob.

EDIT: Or should I wait for the 1090Ti for $1200?

Rob, is there any inside news from LM regarding VR-SLI ready with native VR for P3DV4.1.

If yes I’ll be buying another Titan X (pascal) 

IM

1 hour ago, stephenbgs said:

Im guessing by late Q2/Q3 of next year we will have a 1180ti

I would guess before March, that seems to be nVidia's release schedule ... 2 month's pass then they release the Jr. Mint version that is better at "gaming" ... but my hunch is the Jr. Mint version will be $1200-$1400 if they stick with HBM2, cheaper if they implement DDR6.

But the 3072-bit memory interface is going to make for some extremely low latency and huge boost for VR.

And then HBM3 in 2020 (the road to 8K gaming/simming).

I'll "try" and wait until March and see what happens, I'd like to see some "common" benchmarks before I buy.

Cheers, Rob.

14 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Rob, is there any inside news from LM regarding VR-SLI

I wouldn't be allowed to comment, sorry.  But if you're looking for VR performance then I would expect a single Titan V (and/or hopefully a "Ti" variant) would be the way forward ... the HBM2 memory interface is well suited for VR.

Cheers, Rob.

18 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I wouldn't be allowed to comment, sorry.  But if you're looking for VR performance then I would expect a single Titan V (and/or hopefully a "Ti" variant) would be the way forward ... the HBM2 memory interface is well suited for VR.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob

Rob, (or another informed member)

If you would expand your views a bit...

The new prosumer Titan is the first card with the Volta architecture. (I guess)

When will there be an enthusiast card featuring Volta / HBM2? Would this be the 1180?

I'm trying to judge if I should update my GPU now or not. I'm not clear on where things are going. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I was literally seconds away from pulling the trigger on a new system with a 1080Ti....had a problem with Newegg and waiting for a few hours.  So my question is this.  Is it worth it to wait for the new cards to be released if you have no plans at all for VR and may just use a larger 4K TV screen.  I also was not planning to over stress P3D v4 by moving up the scenery setting to '10'.  I would use my current 970 for a few months until the new cards are out.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

16 hours ago, RichieFly said:

When will there be an enthusiast card featuring Volta / HBM2? Would this be the 1180?

Yes, I expect there will be ... as for when, don't know but if nVidia follow similar paths as they have before I would suggest sometime before March 2018.  But this entirely based on past history of nVidia releases and NOT from actual knowledge of a public release date.

My guess (and that's all it is) is there will be:

GTX1190 - based on Volta without 640 Tensor cores (either disabled or actuallnew GPU variant) and DDR6 memory (12-16GB) $899

GTX1190Ti - based on Volta without 640 Tensor cores and HBM2 (12GB-16GB) $1199

Again, this is pure speculation and not based on facts.

15 hours ago, MarkW said:

Is it worth it to wait for the new cards to be released if you have no plans at all for VR and may just use a larger 4K TV screen.

What's good for VR will be good for 4K and/or 8K.  If  you're the type of person that buys new hardware less frequently (i.e. once every 2, 3, 4 years) then I would recommend you wait for these new Titan V GPU variants to surface/release (I'm 99% certain they will release sometime in 2018).  What "might" push nVidia's schedule forward is if AMD release a GPU that can mount a serious challenge (so far AMD have unfortunately not been able to do that).

Cheers, Rob.

35 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

What's good for VR will be good for 4K and/or 8K.  If  you're the type of person that buys new hardware less frequently (i.e. once every 2, 3, 4 years) then I would recommend you wait for these new Titan V GPU variants to surface/release (I'm 99% certain they will release sometime in 2018).  What "might" push nVidia's schedule forward is if AMD release a GPU that can mount a serious challenge (so far AMD have unfortunately not been able to do that).

Cheers, Rob.

I think I will just go ahead with the 1080Ti.  That will be more than sufficient for a while.  I have upgraded my GPU on every build so if this turns out to be a great improvement for P3D then I can always get it later.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000