Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

DCS 2.2 Available

Thanks, finally can use the Harrier.  Looking forward to 2.5.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

2.2 completely fixed the hard to read HUD symbology in the Mirage 2000. They implemented a split HUD with a simulated UV filter for the upper HUD. The result is a superbly clear HUD in all weather's day or night. 

Have not tried any other models (I have them all except the Tiger ii) but it's looking good. Some say the lighting still has too much contrast. If this is found to be the case, there is a patch available from the forum updates, that permits a different contrast model.

Normandy map has improved frame rates on my system and the sea is so real you could go swimming in it!

The Tac View recording feature was broken in 2.2. The Tac View dev posted a temporary fix until ED sorts it out. The fix, on the mods thread, gets TacView working on my system.

Have not purchased the Harrier yet. There are some bugs to squash before I enter the early release program. That's a $70 early access!  But that aircraft could develop into a classic. To be honest, keeping current on the complex Sims requires serious comittment. If you don't fly combat, regularly in these aircraft, you loose the ability...at least I do!😋

Nice one ED!😁

Best regards

David

• Upvote 1

When I attempted to download the 2.1 "Easy Access" software, I got this message

"Your Connection is not private"

I tried with both Microsoft Edge and Crome browsers.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

4 hours ago, sbclark said:

When I attempted to download the 2.1 "Easy Access" software, I got this message

"Your Connection is not private"

I tried with both Microsoft Edge and Crome browsers.

Bill Clark

I believe you mean "Early Access" ?

From here ? :https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/alpha/

It Works for me.

See: https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-fix-Your-connections-isn’t-private-problem-when-opening-with-the-Google-Chrome-browser

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Once you have the map module loaded up. You can purchase all the aircraft modules from there. It's rather like Orbx, where you download central and grab all the sceneries from there.

I think it's dangerously easy to buy that way...well dangerous for your credit card that is!:ohmy:

On the subject of early access. Surely another word for "beta"? I was thinking about the release of the A10 back in 1.?? I don't recall that being incomplete or beta when released? The Harrier is another "early access" product, with many features missing or not working properly. Is this a sign of the times?

It's taken over a year for the Mirage to get A HUD that's readable in the glare from NTTR? That wasn't early access though!:huh:

Regards.

Where can I get the Normandy map for DCS World 2.2? Is it free?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Normandy map is a paid add on like most other modules in DCS.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick