Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

So how many of you are tempted to try this with V4!

And yet, the autogen buildings will still load in patches 10 minutes after you land. 

Eric 

So I'm scheming a 8700k 5.2ghz upgrade.  With a Volta card, where would the bottleneck be?  Those with the 1080ti, did the bottleneck move to the GPU?

I would love to see some hardcore Flight Sim streamer buy this and post some videos in V4

• Upvote 1

Looking at the performance graphs a couple of posts up I don't think there would be much of a difference in P3D.

Sure, you might be able to push some of the sliders another notch to the right in the same way you can when replacing a 980Ti with a 1080Ti for example.

In P3Dv4, the graphics card plays a more important role than it did a couple of years ago but still, replacing a graphics card won't give you a free ticket to paradise in P3D. Not even when the ticket will set you back some $3000.

This has been a well known fact for as long as I can remember and I'm pretty sure it's equally true this time.

Leaving P3D out of the mix though looking specifically at this new graphics card, it sure seems to be an impressive one!

Richard Åsberg

But we come back to the age old problem when hardware outpaces software, will todays software designed over the last two years on old hardware make full use of tomorrows hardware.

Let`s not forget FSX, DX10, SLI , and will we be paying a premium for small gains in the end.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 hours ago, denali said:

Wow!!1

Wow? 40% increase over an 1080Ti for more than three times the prize? Guys, I know you want even more FPS in your simulator, but those Volta Cards are not (yet) useful for this purpose. And bear in mind, that those benchmarks are snapshots. There are also benchmarks available where the Volta is in fact slightly slower than a 1080Ti...

And no, the conusmer Voltas hitting the market next year will most probably not have HBM2 but rather GDDR6(X). And of course, the following x80Ti card will be around the same prize than the 1080Ti and around 20-30% faster. As it was after each new generation. nVidia will not shoot in their own legs to satisfy some simming geeks and put 500$ Volta graphics cards on the market that will have 50% or more performance gain over the Pascal cards, they are not stupid...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

HBM2 doesn't make much of a difference for our purposes.  As for what NV does or rather has done in the past, you haven't been paying attention.  They've outdone their price and speed even in the span of a few months.  They can do this because if I had 3k to spend right now I'd have a Titan V.  And some people do have it.  I'll have to wait this time, but at times I don't.

17 hours ago, rjfry said:

...will we be paying a premium for small gains in the end.

We usually do.

Greg

• Upvote 1

On 8.12.2017 at 10:31 PM, tooting said:

No gfx card will ever get around the slap dash coding of a 10 year old+ fsx that was abondonded half way through. We will all still be here In 10 years fighting with ctds and adding lines to cfg files.  Sad but true

That's exactly the problem.

No hardware will fix the engine.

And btw: The new Titan ain't no gaming card! I don't think we will see huge leaps. the raw computing power is much higher, sure. But this does not translate to gaming performance from what I read.

SLI GTX1080TI? cheaper and more performance? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'll have two!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776