Sign in to follow this  
evaamo

Navigraph S550 Citation II needed if using GTN?

Hi folks, I want to purchase the S550 and I already have the F1 GTN (I'm using P3Dv4).

Is there any need or value in purchasing the Navigraph extension if I plan to use the GTN?

Thanks in advance! Cheers.

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

42 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

No, you do not need the Navigraph extension.

Thanks, Greggy_D for the help!

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

"Is there any need or value in purchasing the Navigraph extension if I plan to use the GTN?"

Possibly yes, depends if you want / need up to date AIRAC data. The GTN data file is very out of date.

Regards to all

Stephen

Hi Folks,

Hmm - I just bought this thing - when you use the GTN mod - it seems there is no altitude preselect gauge (unless I'm blind) - and - I'm having trouble with the autopilot working properly - can't even get it to engage VS hold ??? Buyers remorse - caveat emptor - I think I've been bit again...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 hours ago, fs2004sim said:

"Is there any need or value in purchasing the Navigraph extension if I plan to use the GTN?"

Possibly yes, depends if you want / need up to date AIRAC data. The GTN data file is very out of date.

Regards to all

Stephen

Navigraph and Garmin GTN do not talk to each other... so Navigraph has no function if the GTN is installed!

Bert

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Hmm - I just bought this thing - when you use the GTN mod - it seems there is no altitude preselect gauge (unless I'm blind) - and - I'm having trouble with the autopilot working properly - can't even get it to engage VS hold ??? Buyers remorse - caveat emptor - I think I've been bit again...

Regards,
Scott

There is a working Sperry altitude preselector, and ALT Select works on the autopilot..

I've made a few touch ups to the avionics which you can get from me, but that level of function should be there, out of the box..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Hi Bert,

Hah - staring me in the face - my excuse - hopped up on Nyquil... Let me give this another go...

:blush:

Thanks for the tip...

I'll PM you...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I purchased this aircraft via the Christmas holiday sale--had the same "operator" problem regarding the autopilot. Got it figured out via a YouTube video I saw regarding this issue. I think it was a FSMania review.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Ramie - yeah - just loaded Bert's mod and looking again - big fan of FSMania and his thoroughness - will take a gander at his video as well...

Regards,

Scott

Hello Bert

You are correct when you say "Navigraph and Garmin GTN do not talk to each other... so Navigraph has no function if the GTN is installed! "

I could have worded my comment better, I intended to say that the Navigraph extension can be user updated whereas the GTN relies on Garmin.

Regards

Stephen