Sign in to follow this  
IrishAirline99

Weird ORBX Patches

I recently bought ORBX Global during the end of year sale. From seeing several reviews it looked like a fantastic addon. I have it installed and for whatever reason, there is patches in certain areas of default scenery and other patches of terrain are orbx. Please see screenshot below. 

24058593477_99a1151360_b.jpg2017-12-8_23-7-14-855 by Conor Watson, on Flickr

Hi,

Your image is marked as private. Can't really see what's what without the full size image.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Hi,

Your image is marked as private. Can't really see what's what without the full size image.

Hi, Sorry about that. Here’s the link to the public image that I reuploaded:

2017-12-8_23-7-14-855

Thanks.

I'm guessing here, but I think this is as it is designed to be. They (Orbx) are simulating a patchwork farm field effect.

If you see this everywhere, then it may be a flaw.

Look to see if you see this over wilderness areas, then you could post at the Orbx forums. I see this quite often over plains geography.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

There are many places where the real world has patch work like this.

The only way to check this is one; provide the lat and long so we can go there ourselves and two: you do the same thing and load up google earth and see how it compares.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3