Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

No Speech Assistent?

I was wondering what conditions are required for the Speech Assistant to appear? My last flight it never did - the dropdown lists were empty. I had Validated the flight plan, plus I had Filed it. It has worked on on previous flights.

I also read in the manual that the Validate box should be green as you are entering a flight plan. In my case it never has been - you always have to press the Validate button. Is this a change from the manual, or am I perhaps doing something wrong?

I also note that when you File a plan, it can change from what you have entered. Is this what is intended?

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Oops...point 1 was my fault - did not tune the radios!    But awful flights today - P2A is basically locking up all the time. The screen just goes white and you get the twirling cursor.  Very slow load times too (minutes). I know this as am killing the process and reloading P2A quite frequently.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

The next update is going to be 64bit and should fix the freezes and lags. 

I did find the error in the manual about Validation and it will also be corrected.  To improve performance, Validation is no longer done as you enter waypoints as suggested by the current manual.

Depending on your configuration settings, Filing the flight plan can change it from what you entered.  If you want it to remain unchanged, then uncheck the 3 ATC Assigns xxx options and also check the Force Pilot Runway Selection option, all on the FltPln tab of Config.

Thanks. I did notice those ATC Assign options...good stuff. Am keenly waiting for the 64 bit version.