Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Persistant Precipitation sounds

I'm in a bit of a quandary. Do I have a P3D problem or a Milviz problem?

Scenario: Flight in Southern Germany(orbx) online. Milviz C310 fully updated. Weather 'orrible', raining hard. Rain pounding on the roof of my plane..All good.

As the flight progresses the weather improves, the rain stops, clouds thin and blue skies rule OK? Sadly, the sound of rain does NOT stop! It continues until the very end. The end being P3Dv4.1 was shut down.

I did a search of Milviz' sounds and there are no precip noises. I couldn't find a reference to them in the sound.cfg either. There are rain sounds in the root folder of course.

Has anyone experienced this or have an idea why this should RUIN MY WHOLE EVENING? :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hello Ron,

I had this too a few days ago. I was flying a JustFlight DC-4 and I attributed the issue to ActiveSky (P3D V4). But I couldn't say if the sound was played through the sim or through AS, and which of the two was the actual cause (didn't pay attention when I shut everything down)..

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Just a guess, have you tried your keyboard "q" key toggle, to reset the sound. Similar to when FSX used to play engine sounds at full throttle even though you were at idle or slow taxi after landing.

Give "q" toggle a try, in external and cockpit views, you never know, the sound may just be stuck in a loop.

Good guess. One that I made myself, all Q did was to silence everything BUT the rain! Even when I closed P3D the rain was the last to leave the house. :smile:

Just one of those 'Flight Sim Phenomenons I guess. :unsure:

Ron, if it happens again. Try turning down the environmental sound option within the sim or uncheck.

Environmental sound option eh? That's a new one on me. I'll look out for it. Thanks.