Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

B58 Carenado vs Stock

Hello all,

any compression made on those two, any reason to invest in Carenado version ?

Cheers 

Yair  

The LM basic version of  the baron beech 58 look poor on mine HD screen, because use of medium resolution.

Yesterday, I buy the carenado version because after looking screenshots, I discovered that this one have a great look, more sharp, more detailled as Carenado is able todo, as one master of aircraft-design... Is cheap for this quality level. 

Mark

I had it for XP10. I believe there is yet no updt for 11 ?

It was very nice, but with all of the updates to XP's FDM, it certainly requires a revamp....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 10.12.2017 at 10:08 AM, jcomm said:

I had it for XP10. I believe there is yet no updt for 11 ?

It was very nice, but with all of the updates to XP's FDM, it certainly requires a revamp....

Use it with REP (just updated for XP 11.10), then all is fine.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

7 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Use it with REP (just updated for XP 11.10), then all is fine.

That will work up to a point, but be advised that Carenado is not offering any discounted upgrade pricing for the new v11 versions. They're working on upgrading the entire fleet, so you may end up buying that B58 model twice.

The new v11 versions will have better forward compatibility with any changes made during the v11 cycle by Laminar (Austin is still working on the engine and flight models), as well as upgraded PBR visuals. Possibly other upgrades like G1000 integration, depending on the model.

I wouldn't advise buying a v10 Carenado model unless you absolutely need to fly it right now.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

5 hours ago, Paraffin said:

That will work up to a point, but be advised that Carenado is not offering any discounted upgrade pricing for the new v11 versions. They're working on upgrading the entire fleet, so you may end up buying that B58 model twice.

The new v11 versions will have better forward compatibility with any changes made during the v11 cycle by Laminar (Austin is still working on the engine and flight models), as well as upgraded PBR visuals. Possibly other upgrades like G1000 integration, depending on the model.

I wouldn't advise buying a v10 Carenado model unless you absolutely need to fly it right now.

..no rush on my end, I'm doing fine with the Stock one, and will wait for the Carenado V11 version 

Tnx for the advice

Yair

Hello, 

I am a longtime FSX/P3DV4 guy and seriously considering XP 11. I just saw a YouTube review of the Carenado B58 w/ REP that was very impressive with what I think is v10. From reading your post, Carenado plans to upgrade to v11; is that accurate? 

Secondly, I'm learning XP 11 is superior as it relates to overall engine/flight physics; does that apply to proper RPM behavior as well as ITT/EGT increases with altitude for turboprops? 

Many thanks. 

..... you are right initially for the V10, it is very popular but considerably an old AC, I hope Carenado rework this AC from ground up to meet the latest technological standards like HD/ resolution , 64bit, & of course VR compatibility.

For your other question, I have no idea my only experience is with XP 11

Cheers

BTW

I'm flying the Stock B58 it is nicely modulated, but still in progress, LR   need to finish this Bird then we can compare to the Carenado Version 

I have the Carenado BE58 from my XP10 days.  I fly it regularly in V11.11 and the only issue I have with is the starter switches don't spring back to the "BOTH" position during engine start.  I have to manually move them to the "BOTH" position.  Other than that, this add-on performs awesome in XP11 and I will not be paying for an upgrade to an XP11 version.  This goes for all my Carenado aircraft.  (FA33, BE58, C337, C172)  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a current Carenado aircraft if I wanted to fly it.  Even the XP10 designed aircraft are at the 98-99% solution IMHO.  

Sim Safe.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:10 AM, nanosour said:

I have the Carenado BE58 from my XP10 days.  I fly it regularly in V11.11 and the only issue I have with is the starter switches don't spring back to the "BOTH" position during engine start.  I have to manually move them to the "BOTH" position.  Other than that, this add-on performs awesome in XP11 and I will not be paying for an upgrade to an XP11 version.  This goes for all my Carenado aircraft.  (FA33, BE58, C337, C172)  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a current Carenado aircraft if I wanted to fly it.  Even the XP10 designed aircraft are at the 98-99% solution IMHO.  

Sim Safe.

.. yeah. same issue with the starter switch here. ..