Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

777 Interior and Exterior Lights

Everyday is something new with the lighting system. I will describe as of today.

Dusk. Landing lights and taxi lights do not illuminate runways or taxiways. From the exterior view the lights are on. In the cockpit a light comes on with the intensity of low dome light . Pan up to the dome lights and the bulbs are not on. Turn dome light control to dim and then back to off. The light sources disappears. 

Night. Dome light is only dim. There is no bright . Both dim and bright are of the same intensity.

Dawn. Same as dusk with the exception of the light source. If the dome light switch is not used to turn it off when it comes on at dusk, it will disappear at dawn.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:58 AM, pcubine said:

Everyday is something new with the lighting system.

Every day is something new with the amount of shaders/mods/textures/cameras/tweaks/etc. that people stuff into their sim.

Any of those come to mind in yours?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi

I have the same problem only i change the sceen and the resolution

I do a new instalation the prolem continue taxi and landing lghts don`t illuminate the runways

8 hours ago, jmsn said:

I do a new instalation the prolem continue taxi and landing lghts don`t illuminate the runways

If I come up with  a solution I will let you know what it is. Don't do anymore installations as they seldom solve any issue.

Hello

I was contacted the technical support of PMDG

They given a solution that was fixed the problem in my case

Delete the FSX.cfg file and start FSX a new file is created and the problem is fixed.

You must reset all the parameters that you like

Jean Marc

Just to add on the above post from Jean, the problematic settings seems to be ALLOW_SHADER_30=1. That was the only difference he found on his FSX.cfg before and after the fsx.cfg reset

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1.

Chris

Was the above line in his fsx.cfg file before or after the rebuild? In the [GRAPHICS] section?

Thanks

Michael Cubine

57 minutes ago, pcubine said:

Was the above line in his fsx.cfg file before or after the rebuild? In the [GRAPHICS] section?

It should not be in the .cfg, if that's what you're asking.

Kyle Rodgers

21 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

Chris

I did not have the above line in fsx.cfg.

When I first noticed the problem was right after I installed Beta1 of the 744 V3. I uninstalled the current version of the 744 V3. It made no difference; however, Beta1 is a long way from the current version.

I will avoid taxing, takeoff, and landing during dusk and dawn.

Thanks for the help.

11 hours ago, pcubine said:

When I first noticed the problem was right after I installed Beta1 of the 744 V3. I uninstalled the current version of the 744 V3. It made no difference; however, Beta1 is a long way from the current version.

Shouldn't really be discussing beta stuff here in the forum...you have direct access to us on the beta lists.

I uninstalled the current version of the 744 V3. It made no difference; however, Beta1 is a long way from the current version.

Primarily because it wasn't the cause.

I will avoid taxing, takeoff, and landing during dusk and dawn.

Instead of posting the rare issue as a factual everyone-is-having-this issue here in the forum, it might be more prudent to discuss it internally with the team...? Helps to avoid coming off as accusatory in public, when you have the privilege of direct access to so many of us...

Kyle Rodgers

11 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Instead of posting the rare issue as a factual everyone-is-having-this issue here in the forum, it might be more prudent to discuss it internally with the team...?

I never wrote that everyone is having this issue. If they were, there would be a load of topics on this Forum and the General Forum about the lighting for the 777. If you mean the Beta Team I have already done that and drew a couple of replies - none helpful.

I have a question about PMDG 777 exterior lights. From FSX I load PMDG 777 in FSDT KJFK Gate 847 at night time. Is it normal to see the apron so bright yellow lights like fire from T7? Or can I replace any file to make that lights a bit more real? I apologize if I am in the wrong thread.

FSXKJFKPMDG-T7lights.jpg

From P3Dv4 there is no lights issues ...

P3Dv4KJFKGate847PMDG-T7lights062d0.jpg

Edited by trisho0
replacing screenshot

Patricio Valdes

10 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

yellow lights

Caused by the underlying bitmap from the scenery itself.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Caused by the underlying bitmap from the scenery itself.

Just posted the lights differences between FSX and the P3Dv4, same scenery and all.

So if it caused in FSX from underlying bitmap then any idea to fix it? Is it something the scenery Developer has to fix it or myself? I don't know how ......

Edited by trisho0
correctings

Patricio Valdes