Sign in to follow this  
MikeWings

CP Flight MCP737PRO2 Connection Problems

Tried to find a good place to post this so if this is not the best place, please advise...

I have a new JETLINE system computer and new MCPPRO2, EFISPRO, COM, NAV and ATC modules that I am trying to get running.  These units are daisy chained over Ethernet to the local LAN  I have installed the drivers, made the addition to the PMDG 737NGX_Options.ini file, and am able to open FS_COM.  However when I go to connect, I am getting the following error:

"Run Time Error 40006.  Wrong Protocol or Connection State for the transaction or request"

I am running Windows 10 PRO 64 bit with P3DV4 and connected through my local LAN.  My local LAN host is IP 10.0.0.1 so I have changed the IP number of the MCP to 10.0.0.40 and I am able to ping that address and get valid responses from the MCP.  I have left the port at 4500 but have tried other ports with the same error response.

Any experience with this configuration would be helpful...

Mike Willey -  St Paul, Minnesota

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Jetline Systems WIN10 Pro Running P3DV5.1 and PMDG 737

RESOLVED... A quick call to Italy and found that not only do you have to add the change to 

737NGX_Options.ini file per their manual, if you change the default IP address 192.168.1.40 for the MCP, you have to make the change to whatever new IP address you use to the CPflight.ini file.

Additional comment that both the hardware, software and support from CPFLIGHT is exceptional.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:00 AM, MikeWings said:

Tried to find a good place to post this so if this is not the best place, please advise...

I have a new JETLINE system computer and new MCPPRO2, EFISPRO, COM, NAV and ATC modules that I am trying to get running.  These units are daisy chained over Ethernet to the local LAN  I have installed the drivers, made the addition to the PMDG 737NGX_Options.ini file, and am able to open FS_COM.  However when I go to connect, I am getting the following error:

"Run Time Error 40006.  Wrong Protocol or Connection State for the transaction or request"

I am running Windows 10 PRO 64 bit with P3DV4 and connected through my local LAN.  My local LAN host is IP 10.0.0.1 so I have changed the IP number of the MCP to 10.0.0.40 and I am able to ping that address and get valid responses from the MCP.  I have left the port at 4500 but have tried other ports with the same error response.

Any experience with this configuration would be helpful...

Mike Willey -  St Paul, Minnesota

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Jetline Systems WIN10 Pro Running P3DV5.1 and PMDG 737

Have mine since monday and still some hassles, there is also a new driver (359) available from their page.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Am thinking of getting this.

Is it worth it?

Does it work okay without too much hassle?

Leo de Haan

Scotland

HIGHLY recommended. Costs a good lump of money but is worth every cent.

Any if you want add further panels from CPFlight its just a matter of Plug&Play, works instantly in PMDG (also with the 777) without driver hassle.

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 minute ago, JoeFackel said:

HIGHLY recommended. Costs a good lump of money but is worth every cent.

Any if you want add further panels from CPFlight its just a matter of Plug&Play, works instantly in PMDG (also with the 777) without driver hassle.

Thanks Joe.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:14 AM, MikeWings said:

RESOLVED... A quick call to Italy and found that not only do you have to add the change to 

737NGX_Options.ini file per their manual, if you change the default IP address 192.168.1.40 for the MCP, you have to make the change to whatever new IP address you use to the CPflight.ini file.

Hi Mike, 

I’ve just installed this and have the same error.  So you’re saying to check that the default IP address in the UI is the same as the address in the CPFlight.ini file?  

It’s been a bit temperamental over the past 24 hours but great when it works 

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Hi Mike, 

I’ve just installed this and have the same error.  So you’re saying to check that the default IP address in the UI is the same as the address in the CPFlight.ini file?  

It’s been a bit temperamental over the past 24 hours but great when it works 

Hi Erich,

Whatever your IP Address is, ie:192.168.1.40 you keep the first 3 numbers and only change the last number say from 40 to 25.

But you need to do that on the panel AND the ini file.

Leo de Haan

Scotland