Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

FPS performance: Zibo 737 vs. FF 757 V2

Recently, the Zibo became too much of a burden on my system. In the VC, FPS almost gets cut in half compared to the default Cessna - purely on CPU time, my GPU (1080ti) has no issues with the Zibo. I wonder if anybody owns both the Zibo and the 757 V2: how do these planes compare performance wise? I'd be buying the 757 if the FPS performance is better compared to the Zibo, but I don't want to do a blind date...

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I have both aircraft and a 1080TI with an i5 3570K and don't see any issues. I lock my frames to 30 as I use a 42" 1080P TV and can achieve that pretty much all the time.

The recent 11.10 is the most fluid to date on my system. Have you tried deleting everything in your preferences folder apart from joystick and key settings?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

14 hours ago, Richdem said:

I have both aircraft and a 1080TI with an i5 3570K and don't see any issues. I lock my frames to 30 as I use a 42" 1080P TV and can achieve that pretty much all the time.

The recent 11.10 is the most fluid to date on my system. Have you tried deleting everything in your preferences folder apart from joystick and key settings?

Yeah I did quite some testing with the Zibo and my verdict was that it's just bringing X-Plane to a crawl when in the VC (it's fine from the external views). Usually, I get locked 30 FPS with maximum world objects. With the Zibo, it would crawl to 25 FPS even with world objects set to medium. 

Would you mind doing a quick FPS comparison, say sitting at LAX 07L, both planes with unlocked FPS, how they compare?

-

16 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Yeah I did quite some testing with the Zibo and my verdict was that it's just bringing X-Plane to a crawl when in the VC (it's fine from the external views). Usually, I get locked 30 FPS with maximum world objects. With the Zibo, it would crawl to 25 FPS even with world objects set to medium. 

Would you mind doing a quick FPS comparison, say sitting at LAX 07L, both planes with unlocked FPS, how they compare?

Sorry I have just seen this and i am heading to bed. I will be away from home tomorrow and back on Friday. I can try this for you then

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

7 hours ago, Richdem said:

Sorry I have just seen this and i am heading to bed. I will be away from home tomorrow and back on Friday. I can try this for you then

Any time would be great. 

-

On 12/13/2017 at 6:52 AM, Colonel X said:

OK sitting at KLAX 07L weather set manually to Scattered

Zibo X737 - 35 fps

FF 757V2 - 40 fps

Both the above tested in XP11.10.

Rendering settings:

Visual effects - HDR

Texture quality - Max(No Compression)

Antialiasing - 8X SSAA+FXAA (I normally run this all the time)

Number of world objects - Medium (I run a lot of Ortho4XP scenery)

Reflection detail - Minimal

No parked aircraft 

No shadows on scenery

Lateral field of view - 85

I normally set my vsync to half refresh rate in Nvidia control panel as I use a 42" 1080P TV and find locking to 30fps gives me the best results

With the settings above I do find my i5 3570K can definitely lag a bit behind the 1080TI. I am considering a CPU upgrade next spring but I have to say 11.10 is the most fluid version to date

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, Richdem said:

OK sitting at KLAX 07L weather set manually to Scattered

Zibo X737 - 35 fps

FF 757V2 - 40 fps

Both the above tested in XP11.10.

Rendering settings:

Visual effects - HDR

Texture quality - Max(No Compression)

Antialiasing - 8X SSAA+FXAA (I normally run this all the time)

Number of world objects - Medium (I run a lot of Ortho4XP scenery)

Reflection detail - Minimal

No parked aircraft 

No shadows on scenery

Lateral field of view - 85

I normally set my vsync to half refresh rate in Nvidia control panel as I use a 42" 1080P TV and find locking to 30fps gives me the best results

With the settings above I do find my i5 3570K can definitely lag a bit behind the 1080TI. I am considering a CPU upgrade next spring but I have to say 11.10 is the most fluid version to date

Thanks! Kind of what I expected. I am locked at 30 too, 10.11 is very fluid. I am running with the highest GPU setting and also 8XAA in 1080p - 1080ti holding up well (no drops below 30). But I think in the cockpit of the Zibo, it tanks. Maybe related to the HBAO but the funny thing is, it's the CPU that kills me in these phases. Not the GPU, so basically I would rule that out (it's possible though that the HBAO needs additional CPU time). I put it aside for now as I am preparing to switch to VR and begin with the C172 - evaluating later which is the best airliner for VR. Since I tried VR and FLyInside, there's no going back.

-

I am on a 4790K and it's never been faster than with the current release. Considering the effort of moving 2 operating systems on my main rig (over to a new motherboard platform), I pushed the inevitable switch to 8800K to 2019.

-