Sign in to follow this  
Hilkiah

difficulty selecting departure phenom 300

HI all,

Just picked up the Phenom 300 and decided to try a flight EGLL/LFPG.  Read through the G1000 pdfs and have some familiarity with the G1000 from the Phenom 100 which I used to fly earlier in the year.

My main issue is when selecting the departure most times the airport field keeps rapidly changing...as if in  constant scan.  The only way to stop it is to press the inner knob, but then I cant use the outer knob to select the departure (as nothing is highlighted).  I then have to press the PROC button to to back to the Procedures page.  Selecting Departures again does the same thing.  The workaround is then to go back to the PROC page and select approach, use the outer knob to select approach or transition, press PROC then go back to selecting Departure.  Its as you have to gingerly handle the G1000.  I think this was the same issue I had with the Phenom 100 which is why I stopped flying it.  Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a way to fix it?  I really wanna love the Phenoms!!

Thanks.

Hilkiah

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Same issue here.

The GS1000 is frustrating I find. The phenom will be off to the wreckers yard once the Aerosoft airbus is out.

Couldn't agree more.  I have the same issue plus I can't even get the departure to change from the one that shows once I get to that section.  In other words i can't select a different departure,  This is ridiculously frustrating.  I bought the jet because I like the bus jets and Flight1 Mustang and King Air were great in FSX but I switched to p3d v4 and Flight1 hasn't seen fit to make them compatible yet despite saying they would be back in June.  Their G1000 worked it should but not in the Carenado.  if anyone has simple solution I am up for it.  Yes I have read the manuals and even watched the tutuorials on YouTube and thought I was doing exactly what they said to do.  So I am either stupid (please don't answer that) this is piece of junk..

Only workaround that works, is to access your MFD using the 2d menus.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Hi Guys.

It is beginning to look like this aircraft is system dependant. I do not have the problem that you folks are having. I can make a flight plan without any problems and fly ILS approaches just fine. There seems to be a commonality here in this thread where people report problems and other folks do not appear to have them. For my part, I had to install/uninstall a few times before the aircraft worked as it should. For example, initially I had to wait overnight for the Navigraph extension to update itself. Now it updates in a few minutes after each new airac. Again, initially, the cockpit graphics would stay a shade of whitish grey and refuse to kick in with the correct graphics and gauges. Now it works fine for me. Very strange behaviour on differing systems. I had to get help from Bert to sort out a problem with the digital checklists, but that was merely a cosmetic problem where a line was repeated twice in the code.

Not much help to you guys I'm afraid though.

Regards...Ken.

Ohh I just found this topic. Same issue here and I just posted a video as well.

Edited by RancidViper

I have this issue intermittently. I find that re-starting the sim sometimes fixes it, but it will often happen again if I try to make any changes to the flight plan after takeoff.

In general, the G1000 in this plane is junk. It doesn't work right, even when it's not experiencing a bug problem.

Well any updates on this? As now its 2020 and still have the same issue on my newly bought Phenom with exp pack....

Hello doc-dutch.

I fly the 300 in FSX without any problems at all. I do not have P3D so cannot comment on that sim. I can only refer you back to my previous reply in the thread where I said that I had to uninstall and re-install the aircraft and also the Extension pack. I had to do this several times. I have no idea why. It was almost as if the installer was skipping files and it took several tries before they were all in FSX. I know it is weird but that worked for me. It seems as if some pc systems are having issues when others are not. I can make flight plans in the G1000 and fly SIDS and STARS without problems. I do monitor my indicated airspeed and match my selected airspeed before selecting FLC mode. I think that some folks are expecting the FADEC system to do everything. The 300 does not have Autothrottle. I believe that is why some people are complaining about the erratic porpoising behaviour when selecting FLC. They have not manually managed their airspeed.

• Like 1

I've flown the 300 in FSX and P3D. IMHO since both Sim's have issues with the G1000, it certainly is Carenado's implementation. With the nav package, I found I could insert flight plans but only in a certain order. SID, Then Star then Waypoints. If I had to change anything, the complete flight plan had to be changed. I've since given up and reinstalled the Phenom without the Nav package and use the Aviasoft EFB to input and change flight plans. I can not do VNAV (didn't like the way it worked anyway) but at least when I'm rerouted by Vatsim, I can change routing easily. I still may do Bert's GTN implementation.

I can't do much with Departure cause if you don't select the right departure within the first try, the top where airport section is goes crazy after a few mins and just starts flying through numbers and alphabet. but if you click button it again it sets it  back too the airport you chose but you can't move or select anything below it.. 

Capt. Bill Brewer    

:p0503: 

On 12/10/2017 at 8:15 PM, Hilkiah said:

HI all,

Just picked up the Phenom 300 and decided to try a flight EGLL/LFPG.  Read through the G1000 pdfs and have some familiarity with the G1000 from the Phenom 100 which I used to fly earlier in the year.

My main issue is when selecting the departure most times the airport field keeps rapidly changing...as if in  constant scan.  The only way to stop it is to press the inner knob, but then I cant use the outer knob to select the departure (as nothing is highlighted).  I then have to press the PROC button to to back to the Procedures page.  Selecting Departures again does the same thing.  The workaround is then to go back to the PROC page and select approach, use the outer knob to select approach or transition, press PROC then go back to selecting Departure.  Its as you have to gingerly handle the G1000.  I think this was the same issue I had with the Phenom 100 which is why I stopped flying it.  Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a way to fix it?  I really wanna love the Phenoms!!

Thanks.

Hilkiah

Last night, after updated the Navigraph, I'm not able to choose the airport at Select Departure and Select Arrival under the Proc menu.

How can I uninstall the Navigraph??

Here is the link.

https://imgur.com/oY1lGHf

Edited by Billcoke