Sign in to follow this  
simpilot1

Height of cockpit when on ground

Hello,

I use PMDG 777 within P3Dv4 (VC). When I'm on ground I got the feeling to sit in a Cessna. The height what I feel is much to low as this aircraft might have. This is also very disturbing when in flare short before touchdown. Has anyone an idea how to manage getting a higher position. What can be adjsuted to reslove it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BR

Andreas Hövel

Browse to the 777's aircraft.cfg.

Open the file and browse down to :-

[Eyepoint]

There are three values shown; the last of the 3 is for your eyepoint height in the VC.   The values relate to feet.  So I'd suggest adding 0.30 to the shown value which will you a nice few inches boost.    Some trial and error will be needed to get it where your happy.

I'm rarely happy with the eyepoint height in any addon aircraft, and usually tweak them all!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I'm curious as to what you are basing this observation on and what other types you are flying.

I spent a good eight years of my FS 'career' flying the Level-D 767 and thought that was a big aeroplane. Then I moved over to the 747 and after initially feeling as though I was taxiing a tower block around, when I next jumped in to the 767 after a year or two of 747 flying I suddenly felt like I was in a very small aeroplane indeed!

I think he' referring to the height of the aircraft as he is looking out the windshield, not his seat height.

Gnacino 

Hi Gent's

Bill, I tried what you recommend and the result is that I'm higher in VC. What want to point out is that I feel the complete VC is to low compared to real aircraft. When nosewheel touch the ground I think the nose itself is touching ground.

BR

Andreas

4 hours ago, simpilot1 said:

Hi Gent's

Bill, I tried what you recommend and the result is that I'm higher in VC. What want to point out is that I feel the complete VC is to low compared to real aircraft. When nosewheel touch the ground I think the nose itself is touching ground.

BR

Andreas

Ah sorry, I misunderstood Andreas - thought you just meant the 'seat height'.  I'm not sure how you'd adjust the full VC height.

Contact points perhaps?  ..or possibly more complex and model-limited.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It is very hard to argue with a very subjective "I feel it is too low."  Therefore, I will only point out that the most accurate 3D geometry rendering is still displayed on a 2D screen and such things as distance may seem distorted due to our own eyes inability to "see" depth on a flat screen.  The only clue we have is parallax and it can be subtle.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of the 777 pilots that tested this product, the VC Cockpit is accurate.  Test it, put it in slew and move forward into the terminal building and use that to judge how high your model is compared to the multistory building.

Dan Downs KCRP

Screenshots? It might help everyone decide whether "too low" is just a subjective feeling or if there's something actually wrong in your sim. I highly doubt that PMDG has modelled the VC incorrectly, though, considering their reputation for accuracy and the endorsement of countless real world aviation exports and pilots.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:55 AM, andreh said:

Screenshots? It might help everyone decide whether "too low" is just a subjective feeling or if there's something actually wrong in your sim. I highly doubt that PMDG has modelled the VC incorrectly, though, considering their reputation for accuracy and the endorsement of countless real world aviation exports and pilots.

They haven’t modeled it incorrectly, but I get where he is coming from. As Dan mentioned, things tend to get distorted on a 2D monitor. It doesn’t seem as high off the ground as real world videos depict, and I know this isn’t due to PMDG modeling it incorrectly as it is limitations of depth perception on 2D screens.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2017 at 1:30 AM, simpilot1 said:

Hi Gent's

BR

Andreas

post some  screen shots of  your  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Pete,

it is not to be catch in a shot. They main thing is the point when you flare the aircraft for touchdown and main gear is settled on ground and the nose comes down it feels like the nose sink to much. The main driver strating this Topic was the VR expierence I made some days before. Finally it is linked to the 2D screen I#m sitting again without VR.

Thank you for your kind support follow-up my issue.

BR

Andreas