Sign in to follow this  
Marwan Gharib

WIP preview of my freeware Hondajet

Really nice - sharp looking jet!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Didn't say I wouldn't find out lol, especially with a freebie like this one on the way!

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

A bit harsh Jim!!

I hope you and everyone else realize I was just joking.  One can spell airplane anyway they want.  It all means the same.  Some English spellings really hurt my eyes though!

I agree with everyone else, this looks like an outstanding effort on the part of the OP.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I hope you and everyone else realise I was just joking...

Of course, Jim. Just the usual banter across the pond. Well, I for one, knew you were joking anyway, hence my reply. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

13 hours ago, Chock said:

Didn't say I wouldn't find out lol, especially with a freebie like this one on the way!

Alan...

Better modify your spell checker, before Jim adds one to the forums...:laugh:

Aeroplane-Airplane

Film-Movie

Lift-Elevator etc.

I agree. The model looks fantastic - almost RW.

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 1

A true masterpiece Marwan!
Congratulations :-)

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Jim missed one in his post: realize = realise :happy::uwe_merm::biggrin: Hehe.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

@marwanhamed,

Your model really looks amazing, I keep looking at the pictures and I am really impressed and I think it is great you want to offer this a freeware, the community will love you for this.

If you ever wish to start offering payware products and you need any advise regarding the steps to become comercial, beta test your products, sell your products online, prepare installation files, prepare licenses keys or anything else regarding the hard work that it takes to put the product out there, please fell free to contact me at any time, we can have multiple conversations on Skype so I can point you in the right direction the best way posible.

Also let me know if you need any help with the external lighting, I could prepare very cool effects for this plane for you if you want (NO COST).

In the meantime I have a couple of advise / suggestions for you:

1) Contact TFI Design to request the True Glass scripts, they will give you access to this technology for free since it is a freeware, this will add to you model an amazing feature that any user on these forums will appreciate very much, you can find more information here: https://tfdidesign.com/TrueGlass.php, note at the bottom the confirmation that this technology is available for free for any freeware project.

2) Beta testing is very, very important for any product (regardless of freeware or payware), I would contact Dave Hodges @DaveCT2003, Dave is a profesional beta tester, he works with Aerosoft, Majestic Software, REX and many other developers, however he loves supporting new developers in the community, specially when they offer great products as this one which will provide the entire flight sim community an amazing add-on, so I am sure he would love to try your Honda Jet freeware and help you to test it so you can catch any problems before you release it to general public.

I wish you all the best, I love private Jets and I would like to request you to build a Pilatus PC-24 in the future, there is a payware out there but I truly believe think you can do a much better job! and I would be happy to buy it when it is available!.

All the best,
Simbol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Excellent!! Good show!

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Not my favorite biz jet, but I will download it and use it. I like flying biz jets. Good job!

• Upvote 1

Since this masterpiece is amazingly freeware, he can spell it "Hareplane" for all I care!

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

Hi All ,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your feedback and gestures of encouragement.

I've long been a silent member of this community, but finally I have the chance to give back while having fun combining the 2 things I enjoy most ; simming and modeling.

While I do modeling for a living, this is my most engaging and passion filled project by far.

I appreciate your valuable inputs.

Marwan,

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, simbol said:

@marwanhamed,

Your model really looks amazing, I keep looking at the pictures and I am really impressed and I think it is great you want to offer this a freeware, the community will love you for this.

If you ever wish to start offering payware products and you need any advise regarding the steps to become comercial, beta test your products, sell your products online, prepare installation files, prepare licenses keys or anything else regarding the hard work that it takes to put the product out there, please fell free to contact me at any time, we can have multiple conversations on Skype so I can point you in the right direction the best way posible.

Also let me know if you need any help with the external lighting, I could prepare very cool effects for this plane for you if you want (NO COST).

In the meantime I have a couple of advise / suggestions for you:

1) Contact TFI Design to request the True Glass scripts, they will give you access to this technology for free since it is a freeware, this will add to you model an amazing feature that any user on these forums will appreciate very much, you can find more information here: https://tfdidesign.com/TrueGlass.php, note at the bottom the confirmation that this technology is available for free for any freeware project.

2) Beta testing is very, very important for any product (regardless of freeware or payware), I would contact Dave Hodges @DaveCT2003, Dave is a profesional beta tester, he works with Aerosoft, Majestic Software, REX and many other developers, however he loves supporting new developers in the community, specially when they offer great products as this one which will provide the entire flight sim community an amazing add-on, so I am sure he would love to try your Honda Jet freeware and help you to test it so you can catch any problems before you release it to general public.

I wish you all the best, I love private Jets and I would like to request you to build a Pilatus PC-24 in the future, there is a payware out there but I truly believe think you can do a much better job! and I would be happy to buy it when it is available!.

All the best,
Simbol

Thank you symbol for your generous offer to help and extremely valuable feedback.. I will take you up on that offer! great work of FsReborn, Amazing stuff!

My plan for this project is to climb the steep learning curve of ESP specific development, while alleviating the pressure that a payware offering imposes. Thus why I'm going freeware.. keeping it a fun test bed for the things I want to do with it. 

But I will also take you up on your offer on the next project if planned to go payware.

I also thank you for your valuable advice, I was actually working on the window details the other day and reading through the SDK about the implementation of the new precipitation features of 4.1 , I'm certainly interested in TFDI's venture as it would cut down considerably on the amount of frustrated hair pulling for weeks of trial and error! I'll get in touch with them!

and I'll also certainly get in touch with Dave once I have something worth his time, Thanks for the heads up.

Again thank you for your interest ,encouragement and suggestions.. Much much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

PS: As English is a second language for me, I've always found it confusing what to call a plane ... TIL  that "aeroplane" is a correct term despite having the red swiggly line underneath the word every time I type it !

Thanks for the sanity check!