Marwan Gharib

WIP preview of my freeware Hondajet

Since this masterpiece is amazingly freeware, he can spell it "Hareplane" for all I care!

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi All ,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your feedback and gestures of encouragement.

I've long been a silent member of this community, but finally I have the chance to give back while having fun combining the 2 things I enjoy most ; simming and modeling.

While I do modeling for a living, this is my most engaging and passion filled project by far.

I appreciate your valuable inputs.

Marwan,

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, simbol said:

@marwanhamed,

Your model really looks amazing, I keep looking at the pictures and I am really impressed and I think it is great you want to offer this a freeware, the community will love you for this.

If you ever wish to start offering payware products and you need any advise regarding the steps to become comercial, beta test your products, sell your products online, prepare installation files, prepare licenses keys or anything else regarding the hard work that it takes to put the product out there, please fell free to contact me at any time, we can have multiple conversations on Skype so I can point you in the right direction the best way posible.

Also let me know if you need any help with the external lighting, I could prepare very cool effects for this plane for you if you want (NO COST).

In the meantime I have a couple of advise / suggestions for you:

1) Contact TFI Design to request the True Glass scripts, they will give you access to this technology for free since it is a freeware, this will add to you model an amazing feature that any user on these forums will appreciate very much, you can find more information here: https://tfdidesign.com/TrueGlass.php, note at the bottom the confirmation that this technology is available for free for any freeware project.

2) Beta testing is very, very important for any product (regardless of freeware or payware), I would contact Dave Hodges @DaveCT2003, Dave is a profesional beta tester, he works with Aerosoft, Majestic Software, REX and many other developers, however he loves supporting new developers in the community, specially when they offer great products as this one which will provide the entire flight sim community an amazing add-on, so I am sure he would love to try your Honda Jet freeware and help you to test it so you can catch any problems before you release it to general public.

I wish you all the best, I love private Jets and I would like to request you to build a Pilatus PC-24 in the future, there is a payware out there but I truly believe think you can do a much better job! and I would be happy to buy it when it is available!.

All the best,
Simbol

Thank you symbol for your generous offer to help and extremely valuable feedback.. I will take you up on that offer! great work of FsReborn, Amazing stuff!

My plan for this project is to climb the steep learning curve of ESP specific development, while alleviating the pressure that a payware offering imposes. Thus why I'm going freeware.. keeping it a fun test bed for the things I want to do with it. 

But I will also take you up on your offer on the next project if planned to go payware.

I also thank you for your valuable advice, I was actually working on the window details the other day and reading through the SDK about the implementation of the new precipitation features of 4.1 , I'm certainly interested in TFDI's venture as it would cut down considerably on the amount of frustrated hair pulling for weeks of trial and error! I'll get in touch with them!

and I'll also certainly get in touch with Dave once I have something worth his time, Thanks for the heads up.

Again thank you for your interest ,encouragement and suggestions.. Much much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

PS: As English is a second language for me, I've always found it confusing what to call a plane ... TIL  that "aeroplane" is a correct term despite having the red swiggly line underneath the word every time I type it !

Thanks for the sanity check!

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, MartinRex007 said:

Fantastic job, the G3000 might be a handful too program, but so far you've done a fantastic job on the modeling! You're very talented!

Yes indeed! I am in the middle of the thought process on what to do with it. I do have some ideas.. meanwhile, I'm brushing up my C++ to take a stab at it.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, Marwan Gharib said:

Yes indeed! I am in the middle of the thought process on what to do with it. I do have some ideas.. meanwhile, I'm brushing up my C++ to take a stab at it.

Hi , 

I got the newly released flight1G600  to test out an integration concept to emulate the G3000 , Have a look at the picture.

The Idea is as such :

1-F1G600 on the left & right screens (the selection keys on the left screen you see in the picture are actually functional and communicates with the G600)

2-Eicas and 1st F1GTN 750 unit on the central screen

3-2nd F1GTN 750 unit on the lower left touch screen , With the CDU knobs controlling the G600 knobs

4-the lower right touch screen (Currently blank) will carry a gauge to control system status pages and control lighting of the aircraft. The system status pages to be popups overlaid on the central display when called.

I think this would provide a good approximation of the G3000 , All with the synthetic vision provided by the G600 and the vast capabilities of the GTN750

on the other hand,I started the system coding (Finished the EICAS you see in the picture) Got the flight dynamics within a ball park of the actual numbers and am starting the work on the systems interactions.

Let me know if you have other ideas for the avionics.. I will eventually work on coding a custom avionics suite for the G3000 but as you said it is a massive undertaking to come close to half the functionality of the flight1 offering.

Thanks!

2018-1-7_0-15-13-319
  • Like 1

Looks very good!

I think the Flight 1 options with the G600 and 750 would be fantastic, your photo looks great and think that would be a really nice solution.

Cheers

Martin

Wow, this looks stunning! Fantastic work! 

I can't be original here.  I just have to say WOW also!!  :biggrin:

Bill

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Marwan Gharib said:

Hi , 

I got the newly released flight1G600  to test out an integration concept to emulate the G3000 , Have a look at the picture.

The Idea is as such :

1-F1G600 on the left & right screens (the selection keys on the left screen you see in the picture are actually functional and communicates with the G600)

2-Eicas and 1st F1GTN 750 unit on the central screen

3-2nd F1GTN 750 unit on the lower left touch screen , With the CDU knobs controlling the G600 knobs

4-the lower right touch screen (Currently blank) will carry a gauge to control system status pages and control lighting of the aircraft. The system status pages to be popups overlaid on the central display when called.

As a gauge programmer I must say your panel.cfg-fu is very original and ingenious. I like.

Estou apaixonado pela HondaJet e queria voar com ele agora. Como eu faço?

Any updates on this? Looks incredible.

Posted (edited)

For Free?  Free?   Are you sure? 

Well, this looks amazing. With the tools and skills you have, you would have no trouble selling your products. I'm Not complaining that it will be free, but I'm sure this takes some serious work. 

Great Job!

Edited by joemiller

I wait with high anticipation. If this turns out as expected, you may very well jump into the "well-known" category.