Sign in to follow this  
jakedk1996

Problem loading a save in the PMDG 737-800NGX (P3D V4)

I decided to make a save (Scenario > Save) when descending into Rotterdam airport so I could practice my ILS approaches. After landing I loaded up the save and got this: 

71b32b4613.jpg

So the software has tried to load the panel state as it was when I made the save. The MCP and throttle quadrant have loaded correctly, but all of the gauges digital flight displays are broken as you can see. I waited a few minutes to see if they would load but got nothing. The fields for the values on the radio stack and overhead panel are also not working correctly (they're all blank). 

I've tried loading the save straight from the scenario editor, and also from a scenario (just loaded the PMDG 737 into the default airport and waited for the systems to initalise before loading). 

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it? 

Cheers 

13 hours ago, jakedk1996 said:

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it? 

Welcome to the forum. Please note that it is a forum rule to sign your posts with your name - first and last.

As far as the issue goes, was the NGX loaded / being used prior to loading the saved flight? If so, please refer to the Intro Manual about the various things to avoid doing.

Kyle Rodgers

I've read the "Saving a flight" part of the introduction manual and it doesn't contain any particularly useful information pertaining to my problem. It just says "Saving a flight is done via the P3D Flights/Save menu and will save the airplane position, status and configuration into a file that can be loaded at a later time via the P3D Flights/Load menu."

Yes I was using the plane before trying to load the save. Like I said in my post, I had just landed at Rotterdam. I also tried closing down the game and loading the save straight from the scenario editor and got the same thing. 

1 hour ago, jakedk1996 said:

I've read the "Saving a flight" part of the introduction manual and it doesn't contain any particularly useful information pertaining to my problem. It just says "Saving a flight is done via the P3D Flights/Save menu and will save the airplane position, status and configuration into a file that can be loaded at a later time via the P3D Flights/Load menu."

Yes I was using the plane before trying to load the save. Like I said in my post, I had just landed at Rotterdam. I also tried closing down the game and loading the save straight from the scenario editor and got the same thing. 

Full names on all posts here please.  Starting a new P3D session and does your P3D open directly to the Scenario Setup screen or does it first load the default flight?  I always recommend checking the open on load option for the Scenario Setup screen.  When you load the scenario do you see the 20 sec initialization?

Dan Downs KCRP

18 hours ago, jakedk1996 said:

I'm glad you've read that part of the Intro. That part, however, is not the section describing the things NOT to do, as I had mentioned earlier. There's a section devoted to the items to not do or avoid, in terms similar to that.

18 hours ago, jakedk1996 said:

This is the problem. Again, please reference the entire Intro.

Kyle Rodgers