Sign in to follow this  
lambodad

Prepar3d 4.1 problems running

I had installed VOXATC on Prepar3d 4 about 6 months ago and couldn't get it to work so I uninstalled it. I later reinstalled Prepar3d 4.1 in October and decided to try VOXATC again and downloaded the newest version 7.41. I had to buy it because of my previous trial ended.  I installed the panel on all of the aircraft (I am working on my private pilot and training on a Just Flight - PA-28-161 Warrior II) I added the panel and when it launches it says "enable". So I click enable and I hear "test" three times  It might be saying "check" I don't recall and the screen says "7.4.1 Initializing...."  then goes to "Completing Setup" but nothing ever happens... (I've waited over 1/2 hour)  I have rebooted and run the indexer several times eventually it will go to Simulator Paused when I click on another windows and when I go back and un-pause it still says Sim Paused and then the Panel goes away. Running Windows 10 and SPAD.next and ORBIX data

Am I missing a step?  I have reindexed, rebooted and reloaded. The default ATC panel works fine.

Thanks for any help or sugestions

Have you tried loading a flight plan? I know it says it can be used for VFR flights as well, but I tend to have too many problems with it without a flight plan loaded. The software is great as it add immersion to the flight, but there are lots of flaws in it. 

Make sure your in-game traffic is set to 0 if you have traffic enabled on the VOX settings. Have you tried different airports also? It may have something to do with the airport also if it isn't coded for it. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I will check and get back with you. Honestly I have never used a flight plan, I have just been using Prepar3d to practice on days I was not able to fly, taking off and landing, stalls etc... the ATC was to help get more familiar with the calls and such.  Thanks for your suggestions.

you could try to enable logging in the Advanced Settings. Then reproduce the problem and click the Save Logs button. It will store error.log in your Voxatc installation folder. Just open it and scroll to the end, maybe it reveals some info about the problem.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080