Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

Future of p3d v3.4

Gone, done and dusted. Now I have only 64bit flightsims installed on my PC. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I suspect, with some effort, I could indeed get FS2004 up and running on Windows 10, but it doesn't seem worth the hassle anymore.  And I'm a software engineer by day- and I'm still to lazy to bother with it.  This spring the tax refund is going to fund an all new PC (I think this one is nearly 9 years old!   Although it has some upgrades like NVIDIA 1050ti, 24 GB of RAM, and a SSD) and am hoping for a much improved frame rate.

It's just my simple opinion of course, but Prepar3D V4 feels like a superset of FS2004 / FSX / FSX Steam, as well as Prepar3D V1-V3.  The reasons for hanging onto the older stuff are starting wane.

This coming from a 50s-ish curmudgeon who generally hates change!

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2017 at 10:46 PM, Captain Kevin said:

This is why I'm still on FSX. Once I am satisfied that those issues have been addressed, I will consider getting a new computer to make the switch.

Just know that the longer you wait, the more expensive it will be to re-purchase all your add-ons and such. If you're gonna get v4, you should start investing slowly or getting double licenses. I saved a lot of money on P3D that way

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

Just know that the longer you wait, the more expensive it will be to re-purchase all your add-ons and such. If you're gonna get v4, you should start investing slowly or getting double licenses. I saved a lot of money on P3D that way

Most of the sceneries I have appear to only require one license that works for both FSX and P3D, so those won't be an issue. As for aircraft add-ons, the only one I have is the PMDG Boeing 747-400, so that won't be an issue, either. Either way, I don't have the money to buy a new computer right now in addition to other things I need to save my money for, so there isn't really much I can really do anyhow.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

17 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Most of the sceneries I have appear to only require one license that works for both FSX and P3D, so those won't be an issue. As for aircraft add-ons, the only one I have is the PMDG Boeing 747-400, so that won't be an issue, either. Either way, I don't have the money to buy a new computer right now in addition to other things I need to save my money for, so there isn't really much I can really do anyhow.

Good to see you got it all planned out. If you want the FSLabs, I think they have a discount too for v4

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

4 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

Good to see you got it all planned out. If you want the FSLabs, I think they have a discount too for v4

I'm not planning on getting the FSLabs planes. Not really into flying the Airbus, and I mainly fly the Boeing jets. I don't have the PMDG 777 as I'd prefer to fly the -200ER, so I will definitely consider purchasing it if and when one is done (yes, I know the -200LR base pack is required). Also don't have the PMDG 737 as they don't have the split scimitar winglets available. The QualityWings 787 isn't available for P3D yet, so getting that one is out of the question at the present time. So I don't think I really have much to worry about since I would pretty much have to get a new license anyway if I'm going to fly these planes.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not planning on getting the FSLabs planes. Not really into flying the Airbus, and I mainly fly the Boeing jets. I don't have the PMDG 777 as I'd prefer to fly the -200ER, so I will definitely consider purchasing it if and when one is done (yes, I know the -200LR base pack is required). Also don't have the PMDG 737 as they don't have the split scimitar winglets available. The QualityWings 787 isn't available for P3D yet, so getting that one is out of the question at the present time. So I don't think I really have much to worry about since I would pretty much have to get a new license anyway if I'm going to fly these planes.

You don‘t get the 737 because of the winglets... that‘s....  strange even for a hardcore nerd...

:laugh:

• Upvote 2