Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Orbx Airports

In your opinion, what are some of the best Orbx airports that utilize the latest features of Prepar3dv4? 

Kind regards, 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

1 minute ago, Rafal said:

Innsbruck LOWI.

Agreed; it's seriously their flagship product. But what else? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Palm Springs is one of my favourites.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi Folks,

You need to preface your request with what type of flying you do... Small single engine bug smashers - looking for 2000 feet of turf - or regional jets needing 7000 feet of pavement with capacity to handle hundreds of passengers ?

I've been on a biz jet kick so most of the products I've purchased need to have enough pavement for said jet to get into on out of there...

While they are all excellent - the following are probably the most scenic:

• Bar Harbor ME
  • Lake Tahoe CA
  • Sedona AZ
  • Eagle CO
  • Telluride CO
  • Jackson Hole WY
  • Valdez AK

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Any of the Jarrad Marshall ones, closely followed by Misha Cajic 

Love Palm Springs too, can get a 37 in there no problem and it also has a smaller runway beside the main for other aircraft. Eagle county is a blast too, the approach is quite fun. The areas around both of these airports look amazing.

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

I'd definitely add Monterey CA (KMRY) to the list.  One of my favorites.

• Upvote 2

Chris

Don't forget Juneau (PAJN) it is also served by Alaska Airlines 737s ....

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

ESSA is excellent as well (though careful about enabling dynamic lighting there as that's still a fps killer there...)

If you're into civil aviation, they have a a vast collection of incredible VFR airfields.

I use commercial airlines, and find Bilbao, San Diego, Innsbruck, Palm Springs, Melbourne and many others fantastic!

ObjectFlow is still in beta for P3Dv4, but I have found no issues, so you can use all their products.

I also have all their regions, Global, Vector, and OLC.

You can't go wrong either way, or combining them.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Object flow is out of beta now so go have fun!

Thomas Derbyshire

On 12/11/2017 at 8:36 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

You need to preface your request with what type of flying you do... Small single engine bug smashers - looking for 2000 feet of turf - or regional jets needing 7000 feet of pavement with capacity to handle hundreds of passengers ?

I've been on a biz jet kick so most of the products I've purchased need to have enough pavement for said jet to get into on out of there...

While they are all excellent - the following are probably the most scenic:

• Bar Harbor ME
  • Lake Tahoe CA
  • Sedona AZ
  • Eagle CO
  • Telluride CO
  • Jackson Hole WY
  • Valdez AK

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott:

I'm seriously looking at KJAC at this terrific price. Do you happen to know how well it fits into UTX and GEX in FSX? I don't own the regional Orbx sceneries. But if it fits in as well as KBHB, then I would be very pleased with it.The price make it very tempting and I go into JAC frequently.

Thanks

Rick

25 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Hi Scott:

I'm seriously looking at KJAC at this terrific price. Do you happen to know how well it fits into UTX and GEX in FSX? I don't own the regional Orbx sceneries. But if it fits in as well as KBHB, then I would be very pleased with it.The price make it very tempting and I go into JAC frequently.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

I only recently moved to P3Dv4 plus FTX Vector - in P3Dv3 I used Ultimate Terrain X - never owned GEX - I think for a time I had KJAC installed without owning the region - the area covered by the airport seemed to cover much of the Grand Tetons - at least the noticeable stuff on the way in... That's my best recollection and I didn't notice any real issues... You'll probably get some color mismatch on then edges transitioning from ORBX to GEX. If you fly in there often - the regions do a very nice job for a much wider swath and you gain that almost every airport in the area is upgraded to the ORBX "Freeware" level (which is pretty decent in my humble opinion)... I've made many trips into Sun Valley (seriously - THIS airport has never been done to full detail ?) which I like a great deal...

With the sale on - try KJAC - if it doesn't work - pick up the region ? UTX shouldn't be an issue...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7