Sign in to follow this  
snpower

MegaScenery (Virginia) and P3D

I'm eyeing this product... read a bit about how it takes precedence over other scenery? I have Orbx LC ad NA products installed, as well as FreeMesh. Is MegaScenery a pretty good add on, or are there other scenery products for Virginia I might take a look at that would be competitive with MS? The product screenshots from their website look pretty mediocre to me.

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

I have Virginia V3 and it is okay but not earth-shattering.  Looks good at 3500 plus feet if you are looking for your house.  I also have Dzrewski Design Washington X which covers all of DC and inside the beltway.  It is photoscenery too but modified with more realistic structures in the area.  It includes KDCA and Andrews AFB.  I also have Wash Dulles.  When using non-default airports like Wash Dulles, it has trees and other scenery that looks realistic as you take off and land.  Same at Reagan and Andrews.  Megascenery should take precedence over Orbx LC but I do not own that product.  Autogen over Megascenery is horrible (IMHO).  I like the Blue Ridge Mountains and Megascenery does well with mountains.  The product page for Megascenery Virginia has several images and they are accurate. 

The AVSIM Photoreal Forum has more information about MSE and other photoreal products.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I own the entire USA in Megascenery2. I have tried a couple of their Megascenery3 products. I did not see that much difference between the version 2 and 3. I keep waiting for them to come out with V3 of Louisiana, the state where I live and have flown over extensively in real life. I believe i could then give it a more accurate assessment.

I find that besides the Megascenery purchases, you need to buy night light packages, if you fly at night, Living in the south, I don't worry about winter snow. However, if you live up north, the lack of snow might be a factor.

I also own ORBX's Global, NA LC, and Vector products. I find them to be very good and realistic, provided you don't expect the place where you live to look just like real life. The thing I miss most with photorealistic packages are the buildings on approaches. ORBX with updated third party airports seems to fit the bill for me.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks! What third party airport product(s) do you recommend?

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

FS DreamTeam and FlightBeam have many and are all recommended.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10