Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

2.4 Problem with Airports

Hi,

I just installed the latest 2.4 x64.  I installed fresh to a new directory, and made sure the desktop shortcut is pointing to the right new directory. I have 24GB of ram on this box.

The program launches really fast now, like in less than 2 seconds.  Not sure if that is cuz it's x64 or because of the problem i'm seeing now.

In the map area, when i click on the search button to enter in an airport, i type in an airport code and hit ok, and it doesn't do anything now.  The satellite map shows ok, but it doesn't move to the airport at all.  So, then, if i manually pan and zoom into the airport and then click on the left most button under the map (the blue runway button), i get an error dialog box that says: "Error displaying airports. Press ok to continue and report this problem to..."

Any idea what's going on? 

Here's a link to a screen shot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/froyFKNsGKfUFfw82

Also, while i'm at it, i wanted to report another issue that has been going on for a while in many previous versions.  In the Config dialog settings under the Flt Pln tab, For X-Plane, I have my "Auto Export Flt Plan File Paths" set to my x-plane 11 Output\FMS plans folder.  However, when i export a flight plan the export dialog always goes (defaults) to my users directory (where it saves flight plans to) instead of that directory i have set for where to export them to.

Thanks,

Joe

It sounds like the program does not have access to the data.  Check the folder permissions for the Data folder in the Pilot2ATC installation folder.  Also make sure the database files are there.  I'm surprised you didn't get an error message when starting the program.  While it might be a little faster, launching in 2 seconds is a clear sign it is not getting access to the data.

On the config, that file path is for the auto export when you get your clearance.  It does not affect the path used when you press the Save button or the Export button. 

Hi Dave,

Both the old 32 and the 64 bit directories have the exact same permissions (the root folder, and the Data folder).  The x64 Data folder has 4 files in it: AirlineCodes.csv, cycle_info.txt, P2ABaseData.mdf (~184MB), P2ADynamicData.mdf (~190MB).

I've disabled all anti-virus stuff as well and still getting the same problem.

Is there a way to turn on logging or something that will generate a log for you to see what's going on?

Joe

I don't know why, but based on the fact that you don't have the P2ABaseData_log.ldf and P2ADynamicData_log.ldf files, the program is definitely not accessing the data files.  On first access, those files are created by SQL.

Try running the program as administrator by right-clicking the program file or icon and selecting Run as Administrator from the resulting menu.

Dave

Same problem running as administrator.  I noticed the ldf files were missing as well.

2.3.1.2 runs fine if i run it from the old directory.

I'm running on Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, build 16299.64.

Joe

Also, as jeepster reported in another 2.4 thread, i can also not connect to x-plane 11 from 2.4.  Not sure if this is a side effect of what's generally going on with this install.

Joe

Dave,
I have the same problem... 
The program takes only a couple seconds to start.
Checked the permissions they are good.
Ran as Administrator.
No ldf files in the data folder.
When the installer gets to the grammerhelperdata.xml it sticks for a few seconds then jumps to finish.
I don't see the sql server running.
It appears that all my settings got imported ok.
The Ivona voices seem to work in the Config/Voices when testing.

Bruce

Thanks for the update.

Did you install the Navigraph version or the NavDataPro version.  May be something wrong with the installer.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the 64 bit version. I'm having the same issue as far as the program connecting to X-Plane 11. The entry in the log is "System.BadImageFormatExection: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX' The assembly is present in the new folder I installed the app to.

Thanks

John

An additional thought.  The installer might have installed to a sub-folder of your previous installation.  It's easy to miss.

Find the file named Pilot2ATC_2018.exe and see that it's in the folder you thought it should be in.

I just deleted my installation and installed fresh and all is working.

Dave

Dave,

The Pilot2ATC_2018.exe is in the C:\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64 folder. I installed the latest Navigraph cycle for P2A but it's not reading it. P2A still shows 1705 as the active cycle. Would this have anything to do with not being able to import a flightplan like we did in previous versions? Now I get a message, Unable to import flight plan. Please ensure that it is in the proper form. This is using the import button in the lower right of the UI.

NAX669.png

24 minutes ago, jmfoley said:

The entry in the log is "System.BadImageFormatExection: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX' 

You may need to install the SlimDX runtime if you're getting this error

https://slimdx.org/download.php

Paul Dumke

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I checked the old version folder and noting from the new version was installed there. I deleted the installed fresh but its still complaining about loading the SlimDx assembly. The whole exception in the log is. 

Error in frmP2AMain ConnectToSIM
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX, Version=4.0.13.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'SlimDX, Version=4.0.13.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9'
   at P2A_2018.simJoystick..ctor()
   at P2A_2018.P2ASimulatorFSUIPC..ctor()
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.f()

I'll keep trying to figure out what it doesn't like about the SlimDX assembly.

Thanks

John

Thanks for heads up about installing the SlimDx runtime. Installed the 64 bit version and its connecting to X-Plane now.

Thanks again

John

43 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Thanks for the update.

Did you install the Navigraph version or the NavDataPro version.  May be something wrong with the installer.

Dave

I tried both Dave... neither seem to be installing correctly.
Bruce