Sign in to follow this  
cwman

Help Carenado PC12

Running on Xplane 11

Carenado pc12

Cant turn on insturment lights

cant turn on nav radio

I have to use the flashlight to fly at night as i cannot turn on the insturment lights.  The two switches on the pedestal which are labled for inst light do nothing . I have clicked on them tried to turn etc with no results  . Docs that were included do not address this

Clincking on the Nav 1  0r  2  radio button does not turn the nav radio on.  The autopilot is the same way nothing hapens clicking on AP on  until you undock it from the panel , then everything works. You cannot undock the audio panel form the panel

What am i missing here ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Click on L on your keyboard.  On the product site - http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=product&correl=128, right below reviews is panel reference and tutorials and videos.  Here's more information as well as links to more videos and tutorials -

What I do a lot is google for Carenado PC12 tutorials and I find videos from real pilots or experts on the aircraft who show you all the procedures.  Lot easier than looking at manuals.

Best regards,

Jim

Edited by Jim Young
Not sure how to turn on lights in XP11

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No lights yet.  Guess its fly at night using the flashlight or make it a day only bird

Hi Cwman,

provided your power is switched on (try ctrl-E if it is not), you can press L to switch on the lights. A better way is to use the light switches on the back end of the pedestal, but they are partly covered by the arm rest.

Peter

All power is on as verified by the overhead panel.  I have tried clicking on the pedestal light switches and none of them work . Hitting L on the keyboard does nothing.  No problem with other lights, strobes,  landing etc  , they are on when the plane loads.  the mystery continues.

The PC-12 is not officially supported for XP11 yet, so that may be your problem in night time. Also try to go to the PC-12 Forum under Carenado for helps.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

NOT UPDATED FOR XPLANE 11

It seems the Carenado pc12 has not been updated for xplane 11.  No more Carenado planes until their products are updated for 11